8/29 HNC - Photo Manipulation
(1) As we drove past the gorgeous scenery on Going to the Sun Road in Glacier National Park,
(2) we didn’t stop very often to take pictures because we had a long hike planned that day.
(3) With each of us carrying part of our lunch, we set out. Dad was in the back, taking pictures of our behinds. When Mom complained about the unflattering perspective, he moved to the front.
(4) I was nervous whenever we crossed small streamlets.
(5) We hiked past three lakes, always climbing up.
(6) The path grew narrow at times, with steep drop-offs.
(7) We went past many small waterfalls, and hours after we had started, finally saw Grinnel glacier, which was slowly melting.
(8) When we looked back, we were awed by the lovely view of the three lakes by which we had climbed. It was such an amazing experience that Harry and I took our three boys back years later so they could share in the memory, too.
All of the foreground photos are 40 years old, so I tried to make them brighter and closer to the original colors. I really changed the picture of the three lakes, but still couldn’t capture the blue-green of the lakes without it looking fake.
The background photo is a stock photo that I expanded to fill my two pages and altered a lot so it didn’t compete with my older, less sparkling photos. I used a couple of papers from various kits (see below), changed them to B&W and/or re-colored them, then used them on overlay or multiply.
Reflections Of The Heart Value Pack (frames,modified; berries, fastener, leaves, paper mini 3 used as background overlay) by Jen Reed
Swim Like A Fish Paper Biggie(paper 15 used as background overlay) by Jen Reed
Butterfly Kisses (both alphas, gold paper behind title alpha) by Jen Reed
copyright-free background photo of Glacier National Park
Fonts: Desyrel, Bookman Old Style Semi-Bold, Arial, Arial Bold