Photo Question

goofyemt96

WOw im filling the Forums with questions tonight..I guess havingyour hubby all week does that to ya *L*....

Anyhow..I was just picking my photos i want to use for my sons baby book...Now almost 9 years ago i never knew or thought of saving the originals from my DC..I would resize them to make them able to send thru email..So most of these photos are bad...will this cause a problem in the LO's? and if i weere to scan some of the original 4.6 that i printed out at like CVS how do i scan those? and how would i change my settings I have a HP 1600 all in one?? thanks :bouncing-frog:

If you made your prints from the original, larger files, they will probably look better scanned. 9 years ago, most digital cameras didn't have very high resolution. I have the original files for mine and they look fine as long as I don't try to make them too big on a page. Fortunately, we used both film and digital back then.

And how to scan, I use Photoshop and I see you use PSP, so I'm not sure if it is the same. I just click on FILE then IMPORT then HP...(your installed scanning devices should all be listed.) That should bring up the HP scanning window where you can select the resolution and type of scan- color, gray scale, etc. (I do 600 when scanning prints- Just seems to look better, and disk space really isn't an issue for me- you may be able to select finished size and resolution as well.) Make sure the glass is clean. :) I preview, select the picture, and click on the return button that sends the image into Photoshop. You should have something similar.

Hope this helps. I know I have a different program, but I do have an HP scanner. Good Luck. And so sorry you don't have the original files for your photos.

Yes we have a scan feature in PSPX. I mostly use the HP scan software that came with my scanner, I scan at 600 so I can enlarge or edit the photo as needed. Use the save as image file>color. As April mentioned keep that glass clean with a soft cloth.

Archived