How Do I Untrack A Topic?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Claudine22

Claudine22
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:27 AM

i keep getting emails for newtopics posted or replies to certain ones. i don't want to track any of them but just want to view them on the site. help! haha

#2 Shai

Shai

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:56 AM

i keep getting emails for newtopics posted or replies to certain ones. i don't want to track any of them but just want to view them on the site. help! haha

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D Hi Claudine,

At the bottom of the reply emails it gives the following directions:

Unsubscribing:
--------------

You can unsubscribe at any time by logging into your control panel and clicking on the "View Subscriptions" link.
If you are not subscribed to any forums and wish to stop receiving notification, uncheck the setting
"Send me any updates sent by the board administrator" found in 'My Controls' under 'Email Settings'.

Regards,

The ScrapGirls Message Board team.
Posted Image

Posted Image

ShaiShai Gone Digital

Posted Image

<embed src="http://www.cheer.com...eName=ShaiShai" width="306" height="112"name="truebombshell" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" /></embed>

#3 Betsy

Betsy

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:50 AM

Your Control list is at the top of each ppage here on SGs. It's a link "My Controls" in the thin darker purple bar at the top - should be closest to the middle, on the left of the right hand side list.

You can change the default setting so that you do not track each thread you've started or posted to.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Scrapshe

Scrapshe
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:45 AM

I am having the same problem. I have tried everything in my control panel and there is nothing there to alter my settings. I keep getting emails of new subjects that I haven't read or responded to in my email and I would love to know how to stop it.

Scrapshe

#5 Betsy

Betsy

• Members
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:21 AM

You should be able to go to My Controls, then on the left, under Options, click Email options.

I think this is the option giving people trouble:

Enable 'Email Notification' by default?
If ticked, choose default type:
Enabling this option will automatically subscribe you to any topic you start or reply to.

Make sure to uncheck this one.

Scrapshe - It's sending you email for every response? Even things you didn't reply to or start? I think that sounds like you got subscribed to forums somehow, let me check out how to change that.

#6 Betsy

Betsy

• Members
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:24 AM

Scrapshe - In your controls, on the left hand side, there's a Subscriptions area - View Forums and View Topics - I think you need to go in there and unsubscribe from whatever forums or threads are listed in there. You may have just clicked that option accidentally while exploring the boards.

#7 Ro

Ro
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:12 PM

Go to My Controls.

Scroll down to Email Settings.

Make sure that Send me any updates sent by the board administrator is unchecked. It seems that the new version of the board is sending out those forum links from the board adminstrator. It's a strange thing, but by unchecking that, you should be able to get them to stop.

Hope that solves it for you.

Ro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users