Your Best Tips....

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 melypobr

melypobr
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:14 PM

:dunno: Hello there. My name is Melissa, I live in Ontario, Canada and I am a very new scrapbooker. I think I have collected all I need to get started but all of a sudden I am lost. I've found that I have no idea where to start and I don't know much about what to do anyway. The resources online are just way too many to sort through so I thought if everyone could just post a few of their best tips and tricks all of us new scrapbookers would have a one-stop source for some ideas. I've got a baby girl, almost 7 months old, at home with me so any time-saving ideas would be well appreciated. Thanks for everyone's help! :waving-hi:

#2 dinny

dinny

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:53 PM

hi Melissa
have you looked here?

Ro has created an excellent tutorial, that might be just what you're looking for!
Dinny

#3 Betsy

Betsy

• Members
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:05 PM

Hi Melissa! Welcome! :D

The University has some great articles with lots of tips and ideas.

I think the main thing you need to do is just get started pick out some photos and start working! It doesn't have to be perfect, you just have to get started!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 ScrappingForever

ScrappingForever

• Members
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:02 PM

My suggestion is the same as Betsy's. Find some photos, or a single photo, pull out some papers to go with it, and start playing with things. If you still feel like you don't know where to start, I suggest checking out a magazine like Simple Scrapbooks or PaperKuts, or checking in the gallery here. Find a layout that you like, and go ahead an scrap lift it. That may be just what you need to break the ice and get your creative juices flowing.

Good luck, and have fun!
Jan

#5 talina

talina

• Members
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:41 AM

I agree with Jan and Betsy! Try not to be overwhelmed. Just jump in and learn as you go. Pick some photos and get started! Post and ask for some constructive criticism or help with a specific technique you want to learn.

Everyone here is a tremendous help! You'll see!
Talina

Posted Image

#6 gauchogirl

gauchogirl

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:00 AM

Not sure what program you're using but wanted to say I have a post on a "Photoshop Tip A Day" http://scrapgirls.co...?showtopic=1023 where you can learn a lot of "inside" shortcuts.
tonya
[ t ]

gauchogirl
"If you're gonna' get wet, you might as well go swimming."
ScrapGirls Designer | my Scrapgirls gallery | my Scrapgirls boutique | Owner, Gauchogirl Creative

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 melypobr

melypobr
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:53 PM

Thanks for all the help! The links are great and I'm getting started on a baby bath page tonight. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Melissa

#8 Artsy22

Artsy22

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Design Team
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:34 PM

Melissa,
Just curious as to whether you're trying to scrap digitally or traditionally with paper? Can't wait to see what you create. Good luck. And feel free to ask questions as you go.
Mandy Steward, Scrap Girls Designer
Visit my Messy Canvas Blog
Visit my Digital Scrapbooking Products

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 gauchogirl

gauchogirl

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:45 AM

A great way to start when you're totally new to this is with the Easy pages. All you need to do is open and put in one or two phots. Instant gratification and you get used to moving around things. As you get more comfortable you can go from there. The most important thing to remember is YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG! Nothing will "blow up" you aren't "wasting supplies", you can always hit UNDO and "ta-da" it's un-done!
tonya
[ t ]

gauchogirl
ScrapGirls Designer | my Scrapgirls gallery | my Scrapgirls boutique | Owner, Gauchogirl Creative

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 melypobr

melypobr
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:28 PM

I suppose I should have said from the beginning that I am a paper scrapper. I might get into digital one day, but I think I need to start with the basics.

Thanks again!
Melissa :hit-head-with-hammer:

#11 gauchogirl

gauchogirl

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 12:08 AM

LOL, well, we should have asked! Well, same principle really only instead of an easy page, a great way to start and get comfortable is to scraplift. Find a great LO, and mimic it. Following the lines that someone else has put down frees you to just enjoy the process - again no stress!
tonya
[ t ]

gauchogirl

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 melypobr

melypobr
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:55 AM

Sorry I keep missing this thread - just learned exactly what scraplifting is and the contest sounds like a golden opportunity. I'll just have to use a friend's scanner to get my LOs posted.

Thanks for the help!
Melissa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users