Digital Scrapbooking Magazine

Guest pepa

Hi - just wondering if someone can help me.

I ordered the new Digital Scrapbooking Magazing in about February. When I saw on this message board that a lot of you had already received your magazing (in March), I e-mailed the company to see when I'd get mine. This was the reply:

'A review of your account shows that the April/May 2007 issue is currently en route to you. You should receive the April/May 2007 issue by April 23, 2007. If we can be of any assistance, please let us know.

Thank you for your patience.'

April 23 was this Monday. It didnt arrive at all this week, and i've e-mailed the company 2 more times, and had no reply. I have (finally) seen the magazine in our local newsagency, but its $17.95 - Im sure I only paid about $40 for the whole subscription. Im also upset as i've seen the next issue - June/July on their website - and im still waiting on April / May!

What should I do now? Im sure there is probably a phone number on the website, but with the time difference (& cost), i'd much prefer it if someone would reply to my e-mail. Is anyone else having this trouble (has any one else in Australia received their magazine yet?).

Thanks Scrapgirls - I hope one of you can help me!

Ps - One of my friends also ordered the mag at the same time, and she hasnt received anything either, and no replies to her e-mails.

Cheers!

Lauren.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also an international subscriber...

I signed up in February, but I got the message that this new issue, June/July would be my first...

So I ordered the first one from IdeaBokks4u in the US and got that one 4 days later...

I just checked the status of my subscription on their website, and it doesn't say anything really anymore...

"Your expiration date is APR/MAY 08 and your balance due is $.00" -this is what it says...

Earlier it actually stood that my first issue would be June/July...

So I'm just waiting...

I might just end up ordering it just to be sure to get it...

Guest elkay

I ordered the magazine on 6 March and was told I would receive it in 6-8 weeks so hopefully it should arrive next week, but things don't sound too promising.

Hi, I live in Oz too and I ordered mine back in Feb. I have already paid as you have. When I check my account status now I am getting the same as Thess. I have sent them an email requesting some clarification on when my mag will arrive and why my expiry date is in Apr/May when I haven't received the magazine for that month.

I am a little frustrated by this as I have already paid for a magazine which I have not received.

Sue

Hi everyone- thanks for your messages. Sue - Im getting the same message as you now - it was back in March I got the e-mail saying that i'd get my April / May issue. Can you please let me know when you get your issue, or if you get an email back?

We'll get to the bottom of this, for sure!!

Cheers, Lauren.

Guest Debbyo

Well, if it makes any of you feel better, I ordered mine way back in Feb too and also paid in full for the subscription. I have also seen it in our newstands and was tempted to buy it, but then their email said long ago that I would be receiving it shortly but nothing has arrived (here in Canada) :( either.

Well, if it makes any of you feel better, I ordered mine way back in Feb too and also paid in full for the subscription. I have also seen it in our newstands and was tempted to buy it, but then their email said long ago that I would be receiving it shortly but nothing has arrived (here in Canada) :( either.

Well, you have to face it Debby - you're a "foreigner" just like the rest of us! LOL!

Guest siraacsa

I'm in exactly the same boat. I have resorted to buying some paper scrapping magazines to feed my need for inspiration.

I may be about to have the same problem here in the UK. After reading this thread I checked my subscription.My magazine was due any time from last week up to May 7th, so time is ticking. Has anyone in the UK had problems?I have been eagerly awaiting each post but I am bracing myself for disappointment now.

Now I'm worried! I just checked my account and it says "suspended due to an outstanding balance". Well, DUH! I opted to be billed later so I can actually WRITE a check. What does this mean...They will send me a bill and THEN send the mag once they get the check (that will take FOREVER) or, do like every other magazine does and include the bill in the first issue I receive? I wish they would have made the process more clear when I ordered my subscription. I just figured that "bill me later" means just that...bill me later!! I can understand everyone's frustration on this thread!!! Although I'm not overseas, (hmm....I could be though!! Depends on what sea we're talking about LOL!!) I'm afraid my first issue is going to get delayed now too. I did read in their FAQ that international orders could take 8-12 weeks. I'm going to be sure to count every SINGLE issue I receive so I don't get shorted!!!

The bad reports of subscribing to this magazine just seem to be growing and growing don't they? I wonder if the magazine staff are aware of the "bad press" they are getting for their subscription problems.It should be so easy surely? Postal services can't be that bad.I have had huge parcels delivered more quickly from abroad that I have a small magazine lol.I haven't read the magazine yet and I'm already feeling it might be more trouble than its worth.

Im sure someone who works at the magazine is probably a member of scrapgirls (seeing as they work for a digital scrapbooking mag?). Didnt Ro know the owner of the mag too?!?

The bad reports of subscribing to this magazine just seem to be growing and growing don't they? I wonder if the magazine staff are aware of the "bad press" they are getting for their subscription problems.It should be so easy surely? Postal services can't be that bad.I have had huge parcels delivered more quickly from abroad that I have a small magazine lol.I haven't read the magazine yet and I'm already feeling it might be more trouble than its worth.

Give it time. They're just getting it off the ground and going. I understand it's frustrating for the international subscribers...I'd be pretty impatient by this point, too. But it is a very good magazine, especially for a first issue. Don't give up on it just yet. Hopefully once the international subscribers get the first issue, they'll be on a more predictable schedule for delivery.

(Nope, I don't work for the company either...PROMISE!)

Well, I got a reply to my email. Here it is.

"We received your order on Feb. 27, 2007. It takes approximately 8-10 weeks to start receiving your magazines. Your subscription will start with the JUN/JUL 07 issue and expire with the APR/MAY 08 issue which is a full 1 year (6 issue) subscription.."

I'm not sure why it takes 8-10 weeks to receive my mag, maybe it's swimming here.

I sure hope the JUN/JUL issue actually arrives in Jun or Jul.

I know the mag is just getting of the ground but it doesn't take 8-10 weeks to mail something and I have already paid. I will just to have to wait and hope that it arrives.

I read in their FAQ's that suspended due to payment was a normal thing and it means they actually got your order. I still haven't recieved my first issue that they said was on the way so i'm waiting to actually pay my bill till I see something. I feel for you guys not in the US though it is not fun to wait for your goodies in the mail.

Nicole,

I just called them and it seems that with the suspended due to payment I will miss the second issue so you might want to call them and find out where you stand. I was waiting to get the first issue in the mail to pay but it seems like that might cause you to miss an issue and I know I don't want to miss one.

Guest pepa

Hi - have any international subscribers received their issue yet, or at least an e-mail saying when they will? Im dying out here!!!!!

Thanks!

I hate to even ask this, but, Has anyone received their second issue yet? I saw it on the newsstand and was wondering if they ahd mailed them out to us subscribers yet. Anyone got theirs yet?

Jenn

It's on the newsstands? That's not good. Subscribers should always get their magazines before the public has access to them (standard industry practice).

I haven't received mine yet either. I wonder if it has something to do with the way they are mailing them?

~Zaz

Guest K Scrappy

I didn't know the second issue was out either... now I'm going to have to resume my rush home at lunch everyday to see if mine has arrived yet. This went on for months last time. I've only had the first issue for about a month.

Archived