Digital Scrapbooking Magazine

Guest pepa

Guest Debbie F.

I'm waiting for the second issue also. Saw it at Wal-Mart tonight and was so tempted to pick it up. Rushed home hoping it was there, but it was not to be. Maybe tomorrow.

Debbie F.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this will be interesting, I got a subscription for my birthday last month from SIL in England. So I don't expect to get first one, will have to look at Borders but will let you know when and IF second one arrives! That's what we get for living DOWN UNDER!!! LOL!!!

Guest pepa
OK, It's May 10th here in Western Australia and still no sign of my copy of the mag. I'm holding my breath.

Hey Schmoo - Im holding mine right along next to you, as I still havent received mine yet either......

I'm sorry, but I just had to but in here because we were getting a chain of responses from Down Under (three in a row!) and I was afraid the board might just flip over. I've heard that happens. It does, doesn't it?

My mailbox was empty today, but I know I can't really complain just yet. ;)

~Zaz

Guest pepa
I'm sorry, but I just had to but in here because we were getting a chain of responses from Down Under (three in a row!) and I was afraid the board might just flip over. I've heard that happens. It does, doesn't it?

My mailbox was empty today, but I know I can't really complain just yet. ;)

~Zaz

Oh Zaz - living in the US, you're probably up to issue number 5 by now!!!!

Its a pain that everything is American - when buying things thru the scrapgirls boutique you forget to add in that little thing called currency conversion....... I think this mag was advertised at something like $26.95.... but by the time you add the CC, I paid about $38! Thats why im waiting on it so much!!! Plus my local newsagency has it for $18!

Arrrrrhhhh, one day the world will flip, and we'll be on top!!

That's why I'm really thinking I need to align myself with some Australians. ;)

If it makes you feel any better, the magazine should be practically free in the UK the way the dollar is going there. Hmm...I'm sure that doesn't really help after all.

Okay, so when I play my future Australia/New Zealand vacation, I'll bring lots of stuff with me that's hard to get down under and I'll make lots of friends, right? ;)

I'm so sorry you all are having to deal with these kinds of delays and at such an expense. And after you've had all this build up while waiting, I hope it lives up to your expectations.

You should take a photo of your empty mailbox and do a great LO while you're waiting as therapy. Just an idea. :)

~Zaz from the other side of the planet

Guest pepa

Hey Zaz - Before your trip, buy a heap of things (like this mag) and put them on e-bay, so then you can post them to us when you're here!!!! I often see digi scrapp'n mags on ebay....

And what a great idea for that layout - I really need to start thinking outside the square!

oh Zaz, you are funny, and heck yeah, COME ON DOWN!!! would love to have you and all your american imports, my best friend is from New York!

funnily enough, i came home to a letter from the magazine saying they don't do overseas subs with the 'bill me later' option and have given me the option of getting more for less. Now I have no idea if this is from when I put my name down for a subscription or if it's from when my SIL in London bought me a subs, so I best email SIL and 'ask her how she paid' for my subs... wish me luck and maybe just maybe I might get a magazine some time in the future... like the year 2010!

Guest pepa
oh Zaz, you are funny, and heck yeah, COME ON DOWN!!! would love to have you and all your american imports, my best friend is from New York!

funnily enough, i came home to a letter from the magazine saying they don't do overseas subs with the 'bill me later' option and have given me the option of getting more for less. Now I have no idea if this is from when I put my name down for a subscription or if it's from when my SIL in London bought me a subs, so I best email SIL and 'ask her how she paid' for my subs... wish me luck and maybe just maybe I might get a magazine some time in the future... like the year 2010!

How funny - a letter? You mean like posted to you?!?!? Wonder why they just wouldnt e-mail.....

Seriously tho, if they can post you a letter saying you have to pay, wouldnt you think they would have posted the magazine to those that have paid..... like me.....

Glad to hear that some have gotten the second issue. I saw it at the grocery store today and I was so tempted to pick it up just to take a look at it but then I thought, maybe its waiting for me in my mailbox at home. Hurried home, no mag. Maybe tomorrow.

Rest assured, I will make it to the other side of the planet if I live long enough. Even at the age of five, I wanted to go to Australia (I discovered koalas in about 1970 or 71 and became obsessed). It's not a cheap trip so I haven't made it yet. But I'm saving my pennies (and dimes and nickels and quarters...) and I'll get there. I've made some friends in New Zealand online that have shown me amazing photos and I just gotta get there. My DH wants to find places to ski there some August. Can't do that here.

Still no second issue here either, Pat, but at this point, I don't mind. It keeps giving me a reason to bop back to this thread and say "hi" to the REAL waiting bunch.

HI!!! :cowwave:

~Zaz, the sleepy

Guest pepa

Im so angry / upset / frustrated / etc!!! - I finally received an e-mail back from the magazine, saying I wont get the first issue, but apparently will get the 2nd. Pooh. Not fair.

Does anyone want to buy the first issue for me, and post it to me?!!

:(

Isn't it weird that I have received the 2nd issue here in Sweden, while some of you in the States haven't gotten yours yet?!

:dancingghost:

(I've known for quite some time that I wouldn't receive the first, so I bought that elsewhere)

Stop everything!!!!!

I am holding in my hot little hand my copy of the magazine.

Yes, it arrived, the June/July issue and it is May 17, yeah.

I haven't even opened it yet I am so excited. It is in it's own little plastic bag. Should I open it now or wait until the kids have gone to bed and read it in peace?

Guest pepa

Ok Aussie girls - guess what.... the 2nd issue arrived in my post box this week!! The first one is still AWAL, but a lovely lady called Deb is going to send me a copy from the states (thanks again Deb!!)

Its a great mag, however I was very upset (again) when the super-duper competition on page 16 is for US & Canadian residents only... Dohh! :(

Maybe if the published looked at their subscription history they'd realise that readers arent just from the USA & Canada.....

Happy scrapping.

I called the mag yesterday to ask where my 2nd issue was. They cashed my check quite a while ago and I had received the first issue. I have been seeing all you guys talk about your second issue and have seen it on the newstands. Where is mine?? They were very nice and the lady said that she would send another right out. She said that by their records the magazine should have reached me yesterday but it didn't. She said worse case- I would get mine in the next day or so and then get the one she sent. At least I can share it! Very jealous of all you that already have yours. Hoping to see mine today :-)

Jenn

Well, isn't this funny? I live in the US and I still haven't received the second issue. Ro is an advertiser and, at last check, she hasn't received it either. Hmmmm...I think someone in circulation has a bit of a problem. It should be in the hands of the subscribers before it's on the newsstands, too.

Do you those of you that live on the other side of the world from me feel better now? :) You have seen issue 2 before me! Sigh.

Off to go sit by my mailbox again...

~Zaz

Guest K Scrappy

I just received my 2nd issue yesterday in the mail. I checked the mail when I went home for lunch (i.e. no kids at home) so I was able to thumb through the whole thing right away. Ahh.... so fun! Not enough ScrapGirls exposure in there though! I guess I just expect that because this is my favorite place that the magazine should be full of their stuff. I can't see why anyone else that's been here, would go elsewhere? Ya know? :)

Well, isn't this funny? I live in the US and I still haven't received the second issue. Ro is an advertiser and, at last check, she hasn't received it either. Hmmmm...I think someone in circulation has a bit of a problem. It should be in the hands of the subscribers before it's on the newsstands, too.

Do you those of you that live on the other side of the world from me feel better now? :) You have seen issue 2 before me! Sigh.

Off to go sit by my mailbox again...

~Zaz

no Zaz honey, don't feel better now, I want mine and I want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think us Aussies are gonna just have to start our own magazine just so we get SOMETHING!!! and we're gonna fill it FULL of Scrapgirls stuff!!!

anyone on board for this idea, along with the Dream Layout Maker Machine, Mary, Zaz, anyone....???

I saw the June/July issue at WalMart, so I picked it up. I'm glad I did that instead of just going out and subscribing on the website. I'm not all the impressed with the magazine, personally. It's a little light on the content for me. I think I'll wait for a bit and see if it improves.

I have not got mine either. I saw it on the bookself in Barnes and Noble (about 3 weeks ago) and didnt get it because I would have assumed that it was coming, but, NOPE! Not yet!

I got my first issue a week after I sent the check. Now this second issue still hasn't arrived. I think it comes from Florida three hours from me. Where is it??????One thing I did notice is that my post office always delives my CK mags on saturdays. So maybe I will see it on Sat????This is crazy that they can't get these out to us. They probably sent all our subscriptions to the stores and now they don't have any to send us. HA! LOL

Linda

Guest siraacsa

I got the second issue two days ago along with a letter saying that they wish to honour their first introductory offer of 6 issues at $11.99 plus $10.00 postage in US funds. Seeing that I saw the first issue in a local newsagents for $17.00au, I think that I will take them up on the offer.

Archived