What Do You Do With Your Altered Art?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Doxy_Chic

Doxy_Chic
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:17 PM

Do you give it away as gifts or keep it for yourself. Or get in on a trade of some kind?

#2 Shai

Shai

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:32 PM

Do you give it away as gifts or keep it for yourself. Or get in on a trade of some kind?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I always end up giving it away. And if it's something I am making "for myself", it never becomes a complete work.

Shai
Posted Image

Posted Image

ShaiShai Gone Digital

Posted Image

<embed src="http://www.cheer.com...eName=ShaiShai" width="306" height="112"name="truebombshell" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" /></embed>

#3 gauchogirl

gauchogirl

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:23 PM

Shai, I am exactly like you. When I finish it it goes to the store to sell or to someone as a gift, If it's for me, it never gets done.
[ t ]

gauchogirl
"If you're gonna' get wet, you might as well go swimming."
ScrapGirls Designer | my Scrapgirls gallery | my Scrapgirls boutique | Owner, Gauchogirl Creative

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 angleigh

angleigh

Customer Service Extraordinare

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:12 AM

Same here mine are always gifts. If it's something I want I usually get as far as purchasing the items to make it, but never get started.

#5 momentousangel

momentousangel

Hope You Have A Happy Scrappy Day!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:24 AM

I give it away sometimes, and sometimes keep it. If it's something I don't think turned out as well as I had hoped, I give it away to anyone who likes it, lol.
Posted Image

To have a friend is to have a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold and an extra pair of legs when yours are too weak to stand alone...

I have been living buried in books and writing classes... as an added note I must say that it is rather scary when you start dreaming and all you can see within your dreams is words floating everywhere!

Posted Image
Valerie Lynn Harrell is the published author of a book of poetry, titled "A Little Girl Lost... Was Found Through Her Writing"

#6 CathyRose

CathyRose

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:06 PM

Anything I alter usually is a gift, but lately I've been thinking of having a wall with shelves or figuring out some way to keep and display some altered items for me to keep. I just started ATC's and want some sort of album to keep them in too.
Cathy

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks. ~Author Unknown

#7 Annie

Annie

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:56 PM

Most of the altered work I do ends up being part of a swap or a gift. I don't think I have ever kept anything I have made.
Annie

The Magic of an Ordinary Day

Posted Image

#8 BonnyJean

BonnyJean
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:41 AM

Most of what I have altered has been for gifts. Although, I did make myself an altered clipboard that I really love! I decorated it all purple and flowers and girly and its hanging on the wall of my dining room/scrap room. I use it occassionally for online crops or for holding my recipes while I bake, but most of the time, its just pretty!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users