Essentials Needed For Digi Scrappin'

I have just started to dabble in digital scrapbooking, I've been a paper scrapper for over 7 years now. Anyway, can someone recommend the essential items needed (I know that digital paper is a must, I thinking more along the lines of embellishments, actions, brushes, frames, stuff like that!!) Please help me fill my shopping cart today before the sale ends... Please email me at nheckerthorne@msn.com with your suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Nina

Definitely go with a solids paper biggie. And some brushes. There's a Hardware Embellishment Biggie that will give you a lot of bang for your buck, too. I'd pick your favorite solids paper biggie, one set of brushes, the Hardware Embellishment Biggie, and one complete collection to get a good headstart on scrapping supplies. Hope that helps!

Personally I like the collection biggies. They have a nice combination of elements that all coordinate with each other. I think some flourish brushes would be good too. There are so many to choose from and it's such a personal thing I'd hate to tell you which ones. You could browse through the brushes/textures section. As far as frames ... I really like the lifted photos templates..

Hope this helps a little bit. I've only been doing this for a short time so I'm sure there are others out there who could help better than I can.

Welcome to SG Nina!

I definitely agree with the Hardware Biggie. Its awesome. The Collection Biggies are nice since you know you will have a bunch of stuff that goes together.

Do you have a software program you are using? If not, I really like Photoshop Elements 5. There are lots of us using it but there are other programs available too.

For as many times as I've been through the boutique - I never saw that Hardware Biggie! I just went and bought it - man - I can't believe I missed it! That's a must! I've bought a ton over the past few months - I would start with a collection or two to help with coordinating and I would definitely join the Clubs - they're a really great value.

I vote for paper packs. I mean, to get so many papers for $4.00 makes them an absolute bargain. I think my top five would be:

paper packs

lifted photo

layout templates (quickpage, ploppers, etc. I've heard them called so many things...)

paper tear

alphas

Good luck! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Guest sfcgijill

I started with the digi equivalent of things I used most often in my paper scrapping.

I have started using a lot of things I would never have tried in paper- like the curled edges. I could never bring myself to tear and crumple all my beautiful (and expensive!) papers! My tears and crumples just never looked as artsy as everyone else's. So, I guess you can say digi has broadened my scrappin horizons!

Archived