Applying Styles To Large Area

Guest bsktcse

Guest bsktcse

When I apply a style to a large area, like a background, I get "repeats" of the pattern. For example, when applying the Aged Paper 5201 styles , I get noticible repeats of worn areas on the page. Is there any way to avoid this, or any way to fix this? I see this on the Peeled paint style too. I suppose it is more obvious on styles with an uneven texture.Any ideas on how to avoid the repeats? Thanks!

It depends on what program you're using. If you're using PS, you can change the size of the pattern that is repeating, making it larger so that it covers a bigger area without as much repeating. To do this, first apply the style to your layer, then double-click on the one that says Pattern Overlay. This will bring up the box where you will be able to change the size percentage of your pattern. Play around with it to see what percentage will give you the least amount of repeat (usually above 100% if the sample pattern is smaller than your 12x12 document).

I'm not particularly sure how to change the sizing of the pattern overlays in other programs, sorry. I'm PS literate only! ;)

HTH!

Guest bsktcse

Thanks Laurel! I am using PSCS2, and I tried the scale percentage under Pattern Overlay. It really made a difference. I knew someone on these boards would have an answer. Thanks so much! :clapping_kitty:

Archived