12 replies to this topic

#1 Shai

Shai

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:54 AM

I read an article in regards to Albert this morning that made me grin. I've always enjoyed reading about such an eccentric man. How I wish I had been alive at the time he was walking on this planet :) Some people you just feel privledged to being living in the same time. Then, again, Shai thinks a LOT! :)

This is my signature from now on ...

``Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something,'' Einstein once said, ``wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.''

I bet you didn't think we were as brilliant as Albert when you woke up this morning!

Now let's hope you all understand what I mean LoL I have to admit Mike did read some of my postings before he left to make sure I was clear. LoL I return the favor by editing his papers. (Thus why I break so many puncuation/sentence structure in postings LoL Such a rebel!)

Shai Shai
(Mike and my Mom call me Shai Shai when I am a bit "Shai Shai" LoL)
Posted Image

Posted Image

ShaiShai Gone Digital

Posted Image

<embed src="http://www.cheer.com...eName=ShaiShai" width="306" height="112"name="truebombshell" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" /></embed>

#2 brandiev

brandiev

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,773 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 11:22 PM

He was a wise man...check out my sig line, which I changed a few days ago. I believe it to be so true. We can have all the knowledge in the world but without imagination, I don't have much.

#3 Shai

Shai

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 12:56 AM

He was a wise man...check out my sig line, which I changed a few days ago.  I believe it to be so true.  We can have all the knowledge in the world but without imagination, I don't have much.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brandie,

You're sig line is what made me go searching for my book Einstein's Dreams by Alan Lightman. http://www.english.u...tein/guide.html
They are not really HIS dreams, but "possibilities within each of us for imagining time and existence." I was listening to NPR one day in '98 (I was working in SF, 131 or 130 Sutter (fuzzy memory this morning) at the time ... just to mention it because it brings back happy thoughts of a Japanese rest. across the street, a really nice bookstore on the corner, Chinatown a few blocks away, and a wonderful flower cart I would buy flowers from Friday afternoons to bring to Mike in Mtn. View on CalTrain - loved CalTrain with a good book! - ewwww ... Shai's getting those old mushie feelings! LoL) ... NPR, Shai, NPR ... they were discussing this book. It sounded (and IS) a wonderful book! I've always dropped this book into discussion with pals and, those who did read it, really enjoyed it. I think you would, too.

Shai

PS: This is where you giggle at me .. I was, also, refering to the fact that we (scrappers) put plaids/stripes/polka dots and whatever else we like together. :rolleyes: Silly me ...
Posted Image

Posted Image

ShaiShai Gone Digital

Posted Image

<embed src="http://www.cheer.com...eName=ShaiShai" width="306" height="112"name="truebombshell" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" /></embed>

#4 momentousangel

momentousangel

Hope You Have A Happy Scrappy Day!

• Members
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:56 AM

My 5 yr olds favorite person is Albert Einstein. Her favorite quote is the same as scrapdivas. And lasy but not least, when ask what she wants to be when she grows up, she always says I want to be wise like Albert Einstein. When asked why she thinks he was wise, well, I just get that look like "Gee mommy, don't you know anything." With that said I ave to leave it alone, lol.
Posted Image

To have a friend is to have a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold and an extra pair of legs when yours are too weak to stand alone...

I have been living buried in books and writing classes... as an added note I must say that it is rather scary when you start dreaming and all you can see within your dreams is words floating everywhere!

Posted Image
Valerie Lynn Harrell is the published author of a book of poetry, titled "A Little Girl Lost... Was Found Through Her Writing"

#5 Shai

Shai

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:20 PM

My 5 yr olds favorite person is Albert Einstein. Her favorite quote is the same as scrapdivas. And lasy but not least, when ask what she wants to be when she grows up, she always says I want to be wise like Albert Einstein. When asked why she thinks he was wise, well, I just get that look like "Gee mommy, don't you know anything." With that said I ave to leave it alone, lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh too cool!! You need to get her the poster of Albert on his bike! LOVE that photo!!
She'd love it, I bet ... or you will get the "Gee mommy, what were you thinking?"

S
Posted Image

Posted Image

ShaiShai Gone Digital

Posted Image

#6 Wxchic

Wxchic

Fit and Fabulous!

• Members
  • 9,440 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:28 PM

I have a photo of Albert Einstein at a museum in Chicago that my husband's grandfather took in the 30s or 40s...I'll have to dig it up...

Theresa

"Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."

#7 momentousangel

momentousangel

• Members
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:39 AM

She would simply love it love it love it as she says. She has taken down pictures and such of cartoon and favorite tv characters and her fav musicians to put up the US Presidents as well, so I'm just wondering what she would take down to make room next, LOL! I'm so tired of hanging pictures up now. After just moving, her room took me 2 hours to hang everything up again. I just don't get why she wanted her walls painted pink when you can't see the walls anyhow, lol.

I wonder if the musuem is the Museum of Science & Industry there? That's was our favorite place to go until we moved here.
Posted Image

To have a friend is to have a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold and an extra pair of legs when yours are too weak to stand alone...

I have been living buried in books and writing classes... as an added note I must say that it is rather scary when you start dreaming and all you can see within your dreams is words floating everywhere!

Posted Image
Valerie Lynn Harrell is the published author of a book of poetry, titled "A Little Girl Lost... Was Found Through Her Writing"

#8 Shai

Shai

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:24 AM

I have a photo of Albert Einstein at a museum in Chicago that my husband's grandfather took in the 30s or 40s...I'll have to dig it up...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Theresa, OMGosh ... would love to see the picture!! WOW!

Shai
Posted Image

Posted Image

ShaiShai Gone Digital

Posted Image

#9 darklighter

darklighter

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:01 PM

He was quite an amazing man! His ability to think outside the box still amazes me. I bought my hubby a book of quotes from Albert Einstein a few years back. I will have to find it. (We also named one of our dogs Einstein :) )

#10 Wxchic

Wxchic

Fit and Fabulous!

• Members
  • 9,440 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:21 PM

Here is the photo. My mother-in-law's father took it in 1921 I think. We have it hanging in our home and we have the original slide.

Attached Files

Theresa

"Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."

#11 Shai

Shai

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:51 AM

Here is the photo.  My mother-in-law's father took it in 1921 I think.  We have it hanging in our home and we have the original slide.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOW!! That is absolutely brilliant!! You lucky lucky woman! (And, no, I am not obsessed with Albert LoL)

THANK YOU for sharing this ... REALLY!
Shai
Posted Image

Posted Image

ShaiShai Gone Digital

Posted Image

#12 momentousangel

momentousangel

• Members
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:26 AM

Theresa, thanks so much for sharing. I just had to show my little girl when she got home from her grandmas, she couldn't believe it and so easily picked him out. We have ordered her a painting of Einstein done by one of our local artists here for all of her good work at school and for her graduation. Her love for him and for painting will make it the perfect headstart graduation gift.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Doxy_Chic

Doxy_Chic
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:53 AM

That is truly amazing. You are so lucky to have a piece of history like that . This photo can be passed on for many years. How awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users