Help With Lockets Template Created By Erica Hite!

Yesterday I purchased the beautiful Lockets template created by Erica Hite, but ... how do you go about applying the lovely gold or silver she has?

I have BladePro on my computer, but that doesn't look too great -- either that, or I just don't know how to go about doing this.

Erica (or anyone else who might know), can you give a quick tutorial on how to go about doing what YOU did to show off the finished product?

Thank you so much -- for ANYONE's help!

-- Gabby

TOOLS

The metal effects are made by styles under the category "Tools." It puts a metal, glass, glitter, etc., effect on an item.( They can be gold, silver, etc., ) I have PSCS, but I have never heard of BladePro. I *think* they are only made for Adobe PS and Adobe Elements --

Hopefully, Erica can come along and help.

TOOLS

I have PSCS, but I have never heard of BladePro.

BladePro is a product from FlamingPear that does bevels and the like (http://www.flamingpear.com/blade.html) it's compatible with Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro (both of which I use).

The TOOLS does seem like it might help, but even HOW to go about using it on the product would be helpful to a newbie like me.

Thanks for your help!

-- Gabby

Guest sfcgijill

I used Cheryl Barber's silver styles and they looked great. all of her metal styles are just awesome!

Hi Gabby,

I used my gold styles for the gold locket, and my brushed aluminum styles for the silver locket.

EHI_SS_Tools-Styles_Gold5401_150.jpg

EHI_SS_Tools-Styles_BrushedAluminum5401_150.jpg

After I stacked up all of the pngs for the lockets, I applied a layer style to each layer. I know I removed the black stroke on my brushed aluminum style for the silver locket. Styles are easy to go in and tweak when you want to get a slightly different effect. On the open lockets in the image below, I applied my punch out style to the top photo hearts. You can see how the photos look like they're sunk in and in the image to the right, it looks like the empty lockets have space to put photos in.

EHI_SS_Tools-Styles_PunchOut5401_150.jpg

I hope that helps!

Erica

okay okay... i havnt used the lockets yet, but thats cause i myself am dumbfounded on how to get the gold and silver for psp. Now it looks like you need a style? so here i am with an embie that i'll never use because im a PSP'er! LOL... Is it possible to do a style or something for psp??

Angela

Here are a couple of quick examples of using the locket templates without styles. I uses Keri Schueller's Gathered Beauty papers and a quick bevel. If you add a slight drop shadow too, it really adds to the dimension. But anyway, you can use the lockets with what you have or experiment with styles and scripts. They're pretty versatile! You can use different color papers and colors for more fun, too.

Erica

Hi Gabby,

I used my gold styles for the gold locket, and my brushed aluminum styles for the silver locket.

EHI_SS_Tools-Styles_Gold5401_150.jpg

EHI_SS_Tools-Styles_BrushedAluminum5401_150.jpg

After I stacked up all of the pngs for the lockets, I applied a layer style to each layer. I know I removed the black stroke on my brushed aluminum style for the silver locket. Styles are easy to go in and tweak when you want to get a slightly different effect. On the open lockets in the image below, I applied my punch out style to the top photo hearts. You can see how the photos look like they're sunk in and in the image to the right, it looks like the empty lockets have space to put photos in.

EHI_SS_Tools-Styles_PunchOut5401_150.jpg

I hope that helps!

Erica

Yes, thank you! Now I just need to figure out how to do styles ... hehehe... but I'm sure it won't be a problem, now that I know how to go about it.

Thank you so so much! You rock! (And I love the lockets. ^_^)

Gabby, as for a tut - information comes with the style.

You access the style in in the "color/swatch/STYLE" pallette (right side of photoshop)

Here's the path to download: C>program files>Adobe>Photoshop__>Presets>Styles

You just click on the "style" to your text and your done! Easy! hope this helps

Hi Gabby,

[

OH, I just remembered, quick question:

Do these work on older versions of Photoshop? I use Photoshop 7. (Old, I know, but it's what I have. *le sigh*)

Thanks!

Gabby, as for a tut - information comes with the style.

You access the style in in the "color/swatch/STYLE" pallette (right side of photoshop)

Here's the path to download: C>program files>Adobe>Photoshop__>Presets>Styles

You just click on the "style" to your text and your done! Easy! hope this helps

Ah, okay, I think that makes sense (never used it before).

Thanks, digigal!

Archived