Ps 7...grrrrrr! Help!

Guest Pixel Lady

Guest Pixel Lady
When I opened PS 7 for the first time today, it asked me if I want to do something (sorry can't remember exactly) with color settings...I clicked no. Well when it launched, it acted as though it was my first time using it. All the palettes were lined up and undocked...ALL brushes, actions and textures GONE!!

Now I realize I can reinstall these items, I even know how. However, I hate this!! What could have been done to prevent this...better yet what can I do to change it back. I had soooo much stuffffffff...Its a pain to reload everything!!!! :on-soap-box:

Oh yeah, closing an reopening, rebooting, shutting down do NOT help!!

Michellle :mad-at-computer:

I think periodically, that just happens. I don't know why. I know it has happened to me before, that I launch PS and I don't even get a pop up, but everything is reset to defaults.

Sorry!

Guest Juliet_A
I will say that PSP7 is a moody little piece of software, but once you get to know all its quirks, it's awfully hard to give up, isn't it?

Guest photocat
[quote name='Juliet_A' date='Apr 18 2005, 11:53 PM']I will say that PSP7 is a moody little piece of software, but once you get to know all its quirks, it's awfully hard to give up, isn't it?
[right][post="8175"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Two things that I save every week on a CD: photoshop presets and plugins...
No matter what, but I have those two folders on several cd's...
It is frustrating to loose it all.
Two months ago, just before I lost my computer, I just gotten an external Hard drive, and a backup program, so I was saved.

But I still manually save the plug-ins and presets out of the photoshop application folder onto cd...

Guest gauchogirl
Sorry but you can't fix it. Mine has periodically done this on computers that had "other" problems also. My current PC is purring like a kitten and so far, PS hasn't done it.

Guest Pixel Lady
Well, I know to back up, since my background is techie. So thats the good news!! I went ahead and reloaoded stuff. It wasn't gone, just not loaded!

Thanks for the input ladies!!

Michelle

Guest photocat
[quote name='Pixel Lady' date='Apr 19 2005, 01:21 AM']Well, I know to back up, since my background is techie.  So thats the good news!!  I went ahead and reloaoded stuff.  It wasn't gone, just not loaded! 

Thanks for the input ladies!!

Michelle
[right][post="8181"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Glad you worked it out... It is a drag when things like that happen

Guest Pixel Lady
[quote name='Laura_A' date='Apr 19 2005, 04:19 AM']Ya'll have me freaked out now.  LOL  I need to get a backup run.. but not even sure how to do that.
[right][post="8195"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Don't be freaked out! Just open your PS folder, its usually somewhere like C: >Programs >Adobe >PS7 >Presets >Brushes etc. Then burn all those brushes, actions or whatever you have to a CD or DVD. Don't forget to do your fonts, LO's and kits as well!!

HTH,

Michelle

There's also another way of doing this. I learned that because not all my brushes show up in the preset folder.
* go to your brushes
* click on the little arrow next to your brushsize
* in the window that shows up do the same
* go to save brushes
and find a place where you want to save them.

Whenever PS is reset to default settings you just replace the brushes with the onces you saved! easy!!

Archived