Great Mothers Day Present!

Ok so I HAD been so excited about my new toy...now I'm ready to cry!lol

I'm a very good "self learner", but after an hour it became glaringly apparent I was not going to be able to teach myself PSE. So online I went, looking for some good tutorials. After another hour & a half I've found ZIP! What I need is a tutorial for a COMPLETE newbie to PSE. I know SGU has a few, but they're all for advanced tips & techniques...I'm not even CLOSE to that yet! I see Ro has a complete tutorial you can buy, but her starter one is only for PSE 3 & 4...I've got 5.0. She doesn't include 5.0 until the "More tips & tricks" for advanced users. I wouldn't have thought there's that big of a difference between versions 4 & 5, but I found a great starter tutorial for 4.0, so I tried to apply it to mine & I guess the interface is just too different cuz mine's not showing what their's shows. ARGGHHH! I'm ready to pull my hair out! :banghead: Oh well...I'll figure it out. Just wanted to vent cuz you guys are the best at listening!

Yipee! That's so awesome, and you're going to have such fun with it!

I would definitely recommend getting Ro's Software Secrets Revealed for PSE 4.0, because it is just about the same as your version. The only differences are small ones and you'll be able to learn so much watching Ro demonstrate what she's doing. It's so much easier to learn that way. (At least for me, it is. :) )

Good luck and can't wait to see your creations with this awesome program! :D

Well based on Laurel's recomendation & some others I saw just crusing around the SG message board, I'm downloading Ro's Software Secrets as we speak. Gosh I hope this helps! FotoFusion was SO user friendly...I'm so tempted to run back! But I know it can't do all the cool things PSE can do so...here's to hoping I can do this! :newbie:

Awesome gift! Don't tell the DH about your troubles...bring them here! :) It may take a little bit to learn PSE, but it's well worth the effort. And if you're ever stuck, you have a fleet of tutors right here on the message board. Wish I had had that when I was learning. :)

Enjoy!

~Zaz

We are here to help so don't be shy about posting questions! Congrats on having such a cool dh!

Yay for you! How thoughtful of him. I think you'll like PSE 5. I showed my DH an ad in a scrapbooking magazine what I want for my birthday - a Wacom tablet. Hope I get one. :-)

I started out digiscrapping 3 months ago and didn't know one thing about PSE. Ro's tutorials were a huge help! I also subscribed to Photoshop Elements User magazine and they have a lot of video tutorials in the members section, including many on scrapbooking. Ro's Secrets is really awesome - and there are a ton of experts here to help you. Congrats and good luck! Cant's wait to see your new LOs!

Archived