Swaps

Guest melypobr

Guest melypobr
Does anyone regularly participate in swaps? What have your experiences been like? Are swaps ever done on ScrapGirls? Do you think it's a bad idea to participate when I'm just starting out with scrapping and have a 6 1/2 month old baby at home? What about hosting swaps? I'm thinking about getting into this swapping business and would just like some info and opinions.

Thanks for your help!
Melissa

[attachment=68:attachment]

Guest dnicole
I've never participated in one but I read up on it and I think you might want to wait awhile cause most swaps require you to duplicate the item you are swapping for every member of the swap unless there is another way I haven't heard of.

Guest DeeZee
Unless of course you do a digital swap! Then it's easy for everyone to get a copy AND it's fairly quick to communicate and send your layouts.

But by swap, do you mean scrapping each others photos or do you mean doing a circle journal kinda' thing? (which I've never done)

Guest Laura_A
Photo swaps are fun too.. you just exchange photos with one partner and then you scrap each other's pics. It's always nice to work with fresh faces and to see your pics done differently.

Also, embellishment swaps are good and they don't require a lot of work. For example, a ribbon swap only requires you to buy enough ribbon to give each person in the swap one yard... cut it into one yard pieces and mail to one person. Then, that person separates all the ribbon and when you get your envie back, you have a bunch of different ribbon. Clear as mud?

Guest melypobr
By swap I mean any kind of swap, but I never thought of a digital swap - I do mostly paper scrapping. Maybe I will hold off on full page swaps for now and stick to embellishment swaps where I only have to put together a bag of goodies or something. Thanks for the tips ladies!

Melissa

[attachment=69:attachment]

People also do mixed bag types of swaps where they all partcipate by sending in so many pieces of paper, so many embellishments, etc. Then the swap hostess combines and sends them back out to the partipants. It's a good way to get new stuff by exchanging the stuff you don't want to use from your stash.

Guest melypobr
Sarah, pretty much each swap is different. www.papercraftsmag.com has a list of swaps with all the info, I've found that to be the best and easiet to understand resource for swaps.

Good Luck!
Melissa
[attachment=71:attachment]

Archived