Question About Adobe Bridge

Help! I just spent the last hour creating a structure of keywords to mimic my folder structure so I could easily pull up groups of PNG files and now Adobe Bridge won't let me assign them! Dude, what up? I'm getting the following error message:

"The file [filename] cannot store XMP metadata. No changes will occur."

Do any of you use Adobe Bridge to organize your files? How do you make it work?

TIA,

Mel

Mel,

I just went and selected the item, right clicked and went under file info and then down that list under keywords I was able to type in something. Not sure if that is what you needed but hope this helps.

Wendy

I think that Bridge won't assign keywords to .png files for some reason. It must be the way the file is set up and it can't accept the data or something. Not the most brilliant response from me, I know, but it's late and that's what I remember at the moment, lol! :) I'll try to see if I can find something about it. I think I've searched before and it's just a problem with the .png files, not anything else. Sorry, I know that's a bummer because I did the same thing. Maybe CS3 will have something that addresses it? I'll have to check it out when I upgrade.

Archived