Sketch Crop Challenge!

sprinklz

Hey Scrappers! :cowwave:

It's time for another Sketch Crop Challenge! We'll be meeting tonight in the Scrap Girls Chat Room at 9pm ET to oooohhh and aaaahhhh over everyone's pretty layouts and have lots of digi scrapping fun.

What is a sketch challenge? A sketch is a rough drawing for the placement of the main elements of your layout: photos, embellies, title, and journaling. You can follow the sketch exactly or use it as starting point to your own creativity.

For anyone that would like to have a head start, I'll post the sketch a few hours before the crop.

Sketch link is here

the sketch is available for the first 100 downloads or 7 days only. please plan accordingly

my layout: pink

Post your layouts in this gallery. Be sure to include a link back to your layout in this thread.

Hope to see you there!

I can not wait to get the sketch. I have been thinking about this crop since last week when I saw it on the activities list. Im scared though. dont know what to expect? Hopefully it is something I can do..........Also, I wanted to find out if it HAS to be posted by the end of the crop, or by the end of the night? Also, sorry for the dumb question, but when posting to the gallery, do we need to post the page as a web or can we post the print document? Hope this makes since. See you all soon.

I can not wait to get the sketch. I have been thinking about this crop since last week when I saw it on the activities list. Im scared though. dont know what to expect? Hopefully it is something I can do..........Also, I wanted to find out if it HAS to be posted by the end of the crop, or by the end of the night? Also, sorry for the dumb question, but when posting to the gallery, do we need to post the page as a web or can we post the print document? Hope this makes since. See you all soon.

Tracey!!! Its so much fun. She basically gives us a black and white document, that shows a basic design flow. You should look at the gallery link for the sketch challenges you will get an idea of how we do it. (here)

You have as much time as it takes to do the sketch. Theres no need to be done! When you post, you do it like your other layouts, resize it to 72ppi make it about 600x600 pixels, and save as a jpg file. When you go to the above link, click on "new image" and fill in the blanks :)here is a thread that helps explain adding images

Hope that helps!! If you need more help, just ask ... thats also what the crop is for... help!

Angela

I have been watching this since I read it in the newsletter. I really want to try this, but I only have the princess line and a couple sheets of the free collection because I just read about that one and it took over 5 hours to download just 2 of the paper lines. I don't know if I will have the supplies necessary to accomplish this, but I am coming back to check the sketch and will do my darnedest if I am able. I have to admit I'm getting pinked out LOL and I would imagine you are all going to be tired of my pink layouts soon. :dancingelephant::lovey-smilie::wub: Heheheh.

The link will be in the first post of this topic!!!! She usually does it a hour or so before the chat.

If you have a collection, you have more than enough to do the sketches. Sketches are just a basis for an idea of where to put things. You dont have to follow it to a tee... if you dont have a circle object, put a square, put a diamond.. lol or dont put anything... the layout you do, is your personal interpretation of the sketch :) Any thing is game! there are NO rules!!!

Angela

The link will be in the first post of this topic!!!! She usually does it a hour or so before the chat.

If you have a collection, you have more than enough to do the sketches. Sketches are just a basis for an idea of where to put things. You dont have to follow it to a tee... if you dont have a circle object, put a square, put a diamond.. lol or dont put anything... the layout you do, is your personal interpretation of the sketch :) Any thing is game! there are NO rules!!!

Angela

Thank you Angela, I do have the complete princess collection. I will try to use some of the other papers I have yet to try. Thank you so much for explaining.

Guest sfcgijill

Ooooh- I think I may be available to participate in this one (it's so rare that I can) so I am superduper excited!!!

:dancing_penguin:

The link will be in the first post on this page, scroll all the way up.. and watch for something that says "download, or here is the sketch" She will come back and add it to that first post!

angela

Angela

Thank you Angela, I do have the complete princess collection. I will try to use some of the other papers I have yet to try. Thank you so much for explaining.

Look at Sprinklz layout pink, there is a link in the top! see you can do more pink! lol

Angela

to post back... open this thread on one window, and open your posted layout on another window.

on the layout window.....copy the address (ctrl c)

on the thread window ...... start a reply and click on the green icon with the + sign. in the first window paste (ctrl v) click okay, in the second window type the name or desc for the layout. click okay. you should see some html like stuff... finish your reply without changeing that, then hit post (or add reply) And your link should appear there.

Hope that helps!

angela

lol ... im in a weird mood... my computer doesnt like psp, so im kinda board... so here i am, ATTACKING the board... and hoping once the chat is done, and i do a goooood reboot maybe, just maybe i can get psp to work. I think maybe somewhere i corrupted a file when i was messing in the computer! Leave it to me to break it! I've already had 3 system restores this year... humm.. time to back up? lol

Angela

Thanks for the challenge Marnie! My computer was acting up so that's why I was so quiet at the chat. But, it straightened out it's attitude and I finally got this done. I rotated the sketch to accomodate my horizontal pics. Except for the torn edges, it was the first time for me using all the papers and elements I chose for this LO. Thanks for looking!

Celebrity Friend

Archived