Blog?

Guest melypobr

Guest melypobr
Just noticed the link that says Blog. I checked it out and it doesn't seem to be much different than a message board. Can anyone tell me what it's all about?

Thanks
MElissa

[attachment=70:attachment]

A Blog is where you can just post anything you want. It's your own special spot. People can post replies to you, but you are the only one that can start something. All users of are board are welcome to use their blog.

People use them like online diaries, or places to talk about their views of the world, or just be silly on any topic they choose to discuss.

Hope that helps!

Guest lesliefavela
[quote name='Ro' date='Apr 21 2005, 08:46 AM']A Blog is where you can just post anything you want. It's your own special spot. People can post replies to you, but you are the only one that can start something. All users of are board are welcome to use their blog.

People use them like online diaries, or places to talk about their views of the world, or just be silly on any topic they choose to discuss.

Hope that helps!
[right][post="8409"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Thanks for the great definition, Ro. That helps me alot, too. Much clearer on it now.

Guest lesliefavela
I hear that. My pc was acting up yesterday, and by the time I could get my emails, I was just over 70. lol Most were from the chat board here! I've been on here all afternoon trying to read them. Having fun with this, though. If I can tune out the kids and hubby, I can do all sorts of things. HAHA :having-a-party:

Ok, the definition of Blog for me (heheehe you all know this true):

A quiet little corner with my blankie (work with me here) and the ability to just ramble on and on and on and on .... knowing that no one's going to come and say "Shhhhh..." :)

How's that, Ro?

Shai

Guest lesliefavela
Okay, what is Haikus? And the songs? Those never fail to be something like "The Wiggles" music that my son likes. Where did I put my earplugs? Oh, wait, they won't work on "in head" songs and voices. hahahahahahaha

Guest Pixel Lady
[quote name='lesliefavela' date='Apr 23 2005, 01:26 PM']Okay, what is Haikus?  And the songs? Those never fail to be something like "The Wiggles" music that my son likes.  Where did I put my earplugs? Oh, wait, they won't work on "in head" songs and voices.  hahahahahahaha
[right][post="9035"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

LOL...too funny!!

haikus (plural form LoL I know I didn't spell it right ... lol) I don't know the Wiggles (thank goodness!) Now I do get credit for not naming those 'Songs that Remain in Your Head', right? LoL

Shai

"Haiku-poems consist of respectively 5, 7 and 5 syllables in three units. In Japanese, this convention is a must, but in english, which has variation in the length of syllables, this can sometimes be difficult.
Haiku-poems can describe almost anything, but you seldom find themes which are too complicated for normal PEOPLE's recognition and understanding. Some of the most thrilling Haiku-poems describe daily situations in a way that gives the reader a brand new experience of a well-known situation."

[url="http://www.toyomasu.com/haiku/"]http://www.toyomasu.com/haiku/[/url]

Guest lesliefavela
Yes, I remember doing those poems in grade school. Funny, the things that stick in your head for life, isn't it? The Wiggles is a 4 man singing group (from Down Under, I think) and they are on the Disney channel here. They sing short little songs that get the kids moving and singing along. I know they do a great job, but, hey, a Mom can only take so much!!!!!!

Guest mcfrog
At last I think I finally understand what a Blog is now. Can't say I'll get around to using it but now I know!!

K

Hey! the Wiggles are great! from Downunder! grown men in colored skivvies WOOHOO!!

Wake up Jeff! D-O-R-O-T-H-Y Dorothy the Dinosaur :dancingcow: :dancingelephant:
are y'all dancing along? :D

so where is Ro's blog? I have become a bit of a blog junkie in the past couple weeks <sigh> more time I don't spend scrapping LOL

Deb

Archived