As Requested How To Make A Flap Pocket Card....

Guest Jadedolphin

Guest Jadedolphin
How to make a Flap Pocket Card.

1) Take an A4 (8.5"x11")size of heavy paper or lightweight card (thick card doesn't fold crisply with this).
You can stamp before folding or after, the choice is yours.
You can use a double sided patterned paper/card with good effect for this card.
2) Fold in 1/2 lenthways then widthways so it looks like a 1/4 fold card.
3) Open it out and fold the top right corner over to the centre crease, making sure it's straight but not covering the crease.
4) Turn the paper around 180 degrees and fold the top right corner into the centre crease.
5) Turn the paper over so the folds are face down.
6) Fold the paper back along the centre crease widthways.
The top flap should be facing you on the right side and the one underneath on the left side
7) Using double-sided tape secure the open 2" edge on the right side so it creates a pocket.
Turn over and repeat on the other side.
These are where the tags go.
8) Fold the paper over along the centre crease so it becomes a 1/4 fold card.
9) Make two tags to go in the pockets.
10) Flaps can be secured with brads, tape, or whatever takes your fancy, just make sure the inner brad etc isn't too bulky or the card will not close.
11) You can add a border diagonally across the flaps as well.
Attach the border and trim to ensure a good fit.

Hope you can follow these instructions,

Guest Juliet_A
Is there a photo of the finished product that we can refer to? I just can't picture what you are trying to do with this.

Guest Jadedolphin
[quote name='Juliet_A' date='Apr 21 2005, 10:25 PM']Is there a photo of the finished product that we can refer to?   I just can't picture what you are trying to do with this.
[right][post="8546"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

sorry forgot to put a link to the card!!

[url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=si&img=1317"]Card[/url]

[url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=si&img=1431"]Card 2[/url]

Guest lesliefavela
Hi, I like how detailed your directions are. However, when I tried clicking on the "Flap Card" and got the cannot display screen. Is this happening to anyone else? Thanks. Leslie

Guest darklighter
Thanks!!! I was admiring the card yesterday and was thinking I have to try making something like that.

Susan

Guest mcfrog
I got the 'Page cannot be displayed' message too Leslie, you're not alone!!

I'm trying to imagine it but I'm struggling!! LOL!

K

Guest lesliefavela
haha I have this habit of looking at the item or pics of it first. Most of the time, that's enough. It's when all else fails, I read the instructions. (or as my mother-in-law says, the destructs) lol

Guest lesliefavela
Thanks! Just checked out the pic. That is just too cool. I think the photo is enough. I'll definately have to try that out. Just bought a bunch of brads, so now I have another way to use them. Leslie

Guest DeeZee
How cool this is! I didn't get what you were saying til I saw the picture -- what a neat idea for lots of different things! Thanks for sharing!

Guest Juliet_A
Wow! Now that I see the picture, this is a card I will just have to try! Thanks for the pics and the directions!

• 2 months later...

Archived