New E-books

What wonderful guides the new e-books are. Please please tell me that there will be one coming out on actions. I bought an action on stitching last week and can't can't get it working right all the way through. I live in hope!

Oops! I am sure it is me - not the action. Just can't get my head around it. I use Photoshop CS2 and the one I got was CBA SS Tools Actions Stitching and Holes 4101 and CBA Tools Styles Stitching and Holes 4102 and 4103. I will have another go later on today. I get the stitching line done but can't figure out about the holes.

Many thanks for your answers. Will get back after I try again.

I have had another go at this. Now a question. Do you mark every hole individually?

I must be getting too old. I couldn't figure out how to PM Cheryl either. In the designer team she is not listed as Cheryl and in the Botique she is. I couldn't figure out her on line name so hope someone here can answer the above for me. I got there by marking a hole at the end of each stitch but rather expected the computer to do this. Did I do right?

Many thanks. I printed out the tag and it looked OK for a first time. If I am doing it right I will play and get it better.

Hi Geni,

Actually, you won't need an ebook for these action... they come with very complete and thorough instructions, but ya gotta read 'em :) Did you miss them in the file folder? The file named CBA_SSTools_Actions_StitchingAndHoles_INSTRUCTIONS.pdf will take you step by step through everything.

Also, please note that in the boutiques product description for these actions it states-

Although the creation of the stitching holes is NOT automated in the action as are the stitches, this action will help you to create realistic holes quicker and easier than you've ever been able to before. Action comes with complete instructions. Special installation instructions - read all instructions carefully.

It was not possible to make the creation of the holes by stroking a path as are the stitches because of the difference in the shape and size of the brushes that are used to create them. Believe me, I spent hours and hours trying to figure out a way to make it automated, just couldn't make it happen. The stitch brushes are long and have two ends, the holes brushes are more or less a round spot shape. When stroking a path PS doesn't line the two up the same way so the holes just don't go where they are supposed to in relation to the stitches when it's built into the action. That's why you have to make the holes individually. I have to make my holes exactly the same way in order to use the holes styles and get that realism, everyone does.

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions don['t hesitate to ask. My name is heisiam if you want to PM me :)

Archived