Lets Do A Circle Journal!

Guest Pixel Lady

Guest Pixel Lady
Ro, of course you can play!

Theresa, say there are 6 people, all 6 pick a theme (or it can be a one theme CJ and all pages will relate to that theme), size of LO and color scheme if so desired. Then every week (or two depending on whats decided) one of the themes is chosen and everybody works on their LO. At the end of the specified time period, you email everybody in the CJ group a kit with the items in the LO. At the end you have 6 new LO's/kits plus a title page and an about me page. I think thats it...lol

I hope this explains it...there are variables and everybody agrees at the beginning.

Sounds fun huh??!!

Guest Juliet_A
Kits? I knew about LOs, but kits? What's in the kits?

This is what I thought it was - Each person has a theme for their own book. Each week we all do a LO for one of the people's books, until all the books are done. Also, we all have to do an "about me" thingie (not necessarily a whole page, because it has to fit in everyone's books).

What parts do I have wrong?

Guest Pixel Lady
LOL...sorry I confused you. I belong to a CJ and we email the items/kits used on the LO's.

Maybe I should have specified, I'm a digi scrapper...sorry!

Michelle

Guest Pixel Lady
So when shall we start? How many people do we want in the group(s)?

Whose digi? Whose paper?

So far we have,

Juliet
Ro
Angie
Me
and maybe wxchic

We will leave it open until Midnight (EST) Sat April 2005...sound good??

Guest bonniekirk
I'm a newbie to circle journals, but want very much to participate. Do you have room for me??

Bonnie Kirk

Guest sand_gal
[quote name='bonniekirk' date='Apr 21 2005, 05:34 PM']I'm a newbie to circle journals, but want very much to participate. Do you have room for me??

Bonnie Kirk
[right][post="8609"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I would love to take part as
well. :D

Guest Pixel Lady
Your'e in! Group one is CLOSED!! If there are others we will start another group...see easy as pie!!

More details will follow in the next day or two...once we figure out how many groups we will have.

Thanks for participating!!

Guest Pixel Lady
I only scrap digital. Maybe we need a digi and a paper. I can "host" digi...can someone else do paper, please?

Guest melypobr
I love the idea and I'd love to participate in the future, but I've just got way too much happening right now :wobbly-eyes: hopefully I can join in next time.

Melissa

Guest Laura_A
I've done a digi CJ and it's so fun... much easier than paper CJs. lol Hey Michelle, can we make the digi group a little bigger, maybe 10 people? Also, I've never done the kit part of it.. just done pages for each person's theme and emailed them. That would be new for me.

Guest mariegoodwyn
I'd be really interested in getting involved - will there be logistical problems in being the other side of the water(uk) - what do you guys think the best way to work it??
Marie

Guest Pixel Lady
Okay disregard the kit...let's just email the pages!

Okay lets make the group larger...any ideas as to how large it should be?

Marie, no logistical problems, if you can scan them and email them!

Thanks for being patient with me ladies, this is my first time!! I'm very open to any and all ideas. What ever the majority wants, works for me!!

Guest Pixel Lady
[quote name='ScrappingForever' date='Apr 22 2005, 02:03 PM']I was in a circle journal group once that had 12 people in it. It took a year to complete, and this was a paper journal, too, but it was great to have the entries from all of those wonderful people!
[right][post="8879"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Wow!! That does sound neat! Let's see what others want...maybe I should start a poll for this too!

Guest Laura_A
I'm in a few paper CJs as well. They're fun, but they do take a long time to get your books back. A digi CJ with say 12 people would most likely only take about 12 weeks to complete.. considering you do one entry a week. As far as how many in the group... because it would be digi (I'm assuming that anyway), the pages will be flat, we won't have to wait on mail time or worry about the cost of postage and it won't take more than a few months to complete, I don't see why we couldn't have 10-12 in the group. What do you think?

[quote name='mariegoodwyn' date='Apr 22 2005, 01:47 PM']I'd be really interested in getting involved - will there be logistical problems in being the other side of the water(uk) - what do you guys think the best way to work it??
Marie
[right][post="8766"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Marie, if you don't have a scanner ... just send 'em to me. I can scan and send back pretty fast :)

Shai

Guest Pixel Lady
Shai, you're funny...lol! Of course you can play :)

We'll wait a few days to give everyone a chance who wants to play...

Guest Juliet_A
Perhaps this is the wrong attitude, but as long as I can hold all the pages in one book I'm happy, so I think that if I get 4 author cards to a page, 15 is the natural limit for me (well, yes, I could buy more page refills, but this will be a heck of a book then). What are the rules for the author cards going to be?

Archived