Organize Scrapbooking Stuff

Nimue

What I did was go and start a fresh folder with everything set up and slowly moving everything to the right folder like Rho suggested. But the one question she didnt really clarify is the kits. Do you guys split them up or leave them whole ?

I split them up but also have another section on a second hard drive where I keep the whole kit extracted together. It just depends on how much space you have and what you want. I know a lot of members divide them up totally and don't keep the kits together for wider use of items. HTH.

Thanks will give it a try doing it that way. Right now I just a MESS and sure once I cleaned it up I wouldnt have problem with storage or anything. Plus have an extrnal hard drive I belive its like 150 megs.

Off to slowly tackle my mess

Instead of having things duplicated (which confuses me) I have a folder under 0_scrapbook that is KITS. In there i keep a copy of the image of the full collections. I get that by going to the boutique, pulling up the collection, clicking on the collection image, right click > save image as, select KITS folder.

that way if i need a color or i want to stick to a kit... i will open up a Preview (right click on image preview) and leave it in the background while im scrapping. I can always see whats available and know where to get it. Also sometimes i may want a tag that went with a kit, but when i look in my tags, i find something else that works much better for me.

anyways.. thats my 2 cents :) Hope that helps

Angela

Archived