Photoshop Questions

Wxchic

When you are in PS or PSE or ANY graphic art medium for that matter, how do you move a very small item? I can never move it with the mouse (or pen). Do I have to zoom in to move it or is there an easier way?

TIA

Guest gauchogirl
LOL, it should move the same as anything else, assuming you have it selected. Zoom in if you need to. If its on its own layer, you can ctrl+click on the layer to select it, then use the move tool [ V ] to click and drag it. If its on a layer with other stuff, but not touching anything else, use the marquee [ M ] to drag a little box around it, then use the move tool. If its sharing a layer, AND touching something else, then, well, you're pretty much out of luck, because there would be no way to select it EASILY (maybe the magic wand) and moving it will leave a hole.
t

Theresa,

I do the zoom bit, too. But, always make sure that I have clicked the layer of the element. Another trick I use is to connect the layers of things around that element so that if something moves: step backward works great LoL

Shai

Guest photocat
[quote name='Shai' date='Apr 23 2005, 05:26 PM']Theresa,

I do the zoom bit, too.  But, always make sure that I have clicked the layer of the element.  Another trick I use is to connect the layers of things around that element so that if something moves: step backward works great LoL

Shai
[right][post="9003"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

It also helps if you can lock layers if you don't need them anymore. A locked layer can not be selected anymore, so you will be able to select the rest of the non selected area's.

Archived