Inserting Photos Into Ready-made Templates

Hi all - I'd like to insert a photo into a pre-made template but there is a design that is supposed to go *over* the photo. Am I supposed to break up the template layers somehow? Does this question even make any sense?!

Thanks in advance-

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Each photo template from Scrap Girls comes with individual PNG files for each component. What I usually do (I use PSP) is open the main template with all the pieces in it (the one you're talking about in your post), and then copy and paste each component in separately as I go along. That way I can arrange my layers like they're supposed to be. Then when I'm almost done, I'll delete the layer with the original template on it, because it's not necessary anymore.

I hope my explanation makes sense and helps!

If it isn't from scrapgirls, I can't help you unless I see it. But I can tell you this... If it is a .png file, then likely you need to put the easy page OVER the photo. If it is a .jgp file, then you need to put the photo ON TOP of the page. You will need to resize your photo so that it fits in where it is supposed to. Just remember to hold down the SHIFT key when you resize a photo with the mouse so that it doesn't get misshaped or out of proportion.

Archived