Details Re Calander 2006

Guest Pixel Lady

Guest Pixel Lady
Hi Ladies,

We have eight months to complete 12 Calander LO's. Some months we will do two pages, you choose when you want to do two. I am working on a template for the date part of the calander.

I am going to choose a region of the world or it may be a country (depending on the size). If it is a region of say five countries choose one or more and scrap it.

Now I know many of us, including myself, have not been to some or all of the countries/regions chosen. Thats OK! Here is what we will do: Get inspiration from the region/country! You can use colors from the flag, fashion, currency, food, flowers, animals anything you can think of or find. Rembember it is YOUR interpretation, what you think of when you think of this region!!! Your photos DO NOT have to have been taken in that country/region. Just make them work in what you have chosen to do on your LO! If you are lucky enough to have photos from that region, please share them in a LO!!

If you have a specific country that you would like done for a specific month, please let me know ASAP.

If you have any ideas as to how to put this together (physically) please let us know...I don't have a clue LOL. :o Please feel free to point out things I may have missed :huh:

Michelle

Guest photocat
[quote name='Pixel Lady' date='Apr 26 2005, 04:06 PM']
Hi Ladies,

We have eight months to complete 12 Calander LO's. Some months we will do two pages, you choose when you want to do two. I am working on a template for the date part of the calander.

I am going to choose a region of the world or it may be a country (depending on the size). If it is a region of say five countries choose one or more and scrap it.

I can either do Italy, Belgium or UK... We go to Italy in september, Belgium next week, and UK where I live...
I am not quite sure though what is expected... Is it one layout per country? Will the nicest one be picked?
I do have photobox in UK who does 12 on 12 prints via internet order... Or if we post it on smugmug, they can do prints too. So everyone could order prints for themselves...
Physically, we only would have to upload them to a site who prints on demand...

Guest Pixel Lady
Sorry to confuse you!

This is not a contest, its just a nice way to make your own Calender with the Around The World Theme and share it here for all to see! I guess if you like someone elses page better you can ask them if you can put it on your calander!

Good suggestions re prints. I will check some more.

Guest nelly
maybe silly question, but do we come up with our own backgrounds and stuff? i mean, just use what we have, any colours and what not?? (can you tell i don't ever do anything like this??)

Guest Juliet_A
Maybe I'm just slow to catch on, but is this what we are doing instead of a circle journal?

If it is, can we have a circle journal too? I was looking forward to having a themed book.

Anyway, there is a terrific calendar template available in the downloads section at scrapbook-bytes.com, no charge. You just stamp it over the rest of your layout, and type in the numbers and month.

Guest Pixel Lady
Nelly, yes we will use our own stuff.

Juliet, we are doing the calander and CJ. Feel free to join, one, both or none...lol!

Guest DeeZee
If I'm reading this right ... I'd love to have November in Japan and .... ummm.... I'm not sure, some month in perhaps Romania (I do have some pics that I took there, though they're not that great!) also have some VERY OLD photos of Eastern Germany before the wall fell (again, not sure of quality though!) and some photos of Paris (not great, back from high school days), some England photos ... hey, I have some great photos in Bath from the October time frame! LOL... I think this is turning stream of conciousness so I'll be quiet now LOL

Guest photocat
is it possible to post the link to the calendar on the other place? I tried to find it but had no luck... Since it is a freebie I think it could be no problem to post the link...

cat

Guest Juliet_A
[url="http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=72665&cat=9879&page=3"]http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/gallery/sho...cat=9879&page=3[/url]

This is the link to the calendar brush made by SonieCAT. If you are entering scrapbook-bytes.com from the home page and are trying to find it, this is the route:

Home » DOWNLOADS » ELEMENTS » NEW ELEMENT SUBMISSIONS > page 3

I don't think you can get to it unless you are registered at scrapbook-bytes.com, but the registration and the brush are free, so why not?

Guest DeeZee
Just so you know, I can't use this brush with PSP. PSP won't import it ( I think it's too big). If someone knows a way, I'd love to hear it!

Guest Juliet_A
I use PSP 7, and you don't have to use it as a brush. just use it as a .png element. Just copy the format you want to use (grid, underlay, or both, and paste it as a new image. Then change it to the color you want (I like the color replacement tool for this), add the numbers and words that you want in the grid, and them copy and paste it as a new layer over the image. Use the distortion tool to size it and move it where you want it in your layout.

Don't get hung up on the word "brush", and you'll see what a great help this is.

Guest DeeZee
I missed it as a png -- was that included? I thought that only came as an abr?? I'll go back and look again. Can you open an abr like a png? I tried just a straight "file-open" and couldn't do it but is there another way? I told you I was new at this :-)

Guest Juliet_A
[quote name='DeeZee' date='Apr 28 2005, 11:23 AM']I missed it as a png -- was that included?  I thought that only came as an abr??  I'll go back and look again.  Can you open an abr like a png?  I tried just a straight "file-open" and couldn't do it but is there another way?  I told you I was new at this :-)
[right][post="10273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

The zipped file contains the PNG and the ABR (and the readme, of course). Everyone can use a PNG, I think. you can even turn PNGs into brushes if the size is right, but for this application, there's no point - you aren't going to drag it, just place it.

Guest Pixel Lady
I sent everyone, who signed up, an email...I included a .png calendar template!

Guest DeeZee
thanks for letting me know you sent it .. I don't always remember to check that email!!! Sounds like so much fun!!

Guest Pixel Lady
You haven't missed anything...we just started Theme is "Around the World" for the calendar. We are currently working on "Old Man Winter" (your region of the world). This is for January 2006. Feb. 2006 is "Central America".

Let me know if your interested and I will add you to the group and send you a template!

Hope you join us :)

Michelle

Guest Pixel Lady
Hi,

I haven't forgotten about you! I've been having trouble with my ISP! I will add you to the list and send you an email! Glad you are joining us!!

I was so frustrated with my ISP over the weekend, my dsl was causing me to suffer badly through the outage, lolol, so i talked my dear hubby into getting me dialup, lol, i couldn't take it anymore though once my dsl came back up. i plan on keeping the dialup as a backup, yep. anyhow, i'm so glad you'll be adding me. thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest horwiek
which part of the world will we do for the month of March?
Are we going to choose a region, a country or a continent or perhaps a city.
Perhaps we can focus on people this time, for example traditional clothing. I could do some woman on wooden shoes :disappearing-smilie: or Austrian dirndls.

Continents do discover virtually: Australia, Africa, North America, Asia
Countries: France, Germany, Egypt, Norway, Kenia, etc.
City's: Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Paris, London, NY, Las Vegas, Moskow, Berlin, Johannisburg, Cape Town, Cairo, Istanbul, etc.
countrylife, citylife, nature, beaches, mountains, houses all over the world (Stand in front of your house and make a picture of it, this because we all live in different kind of houses).

Guest Pixel Lady
We are doing Asia for March 2006! This should be a blast.

Due to the weather I probably won't be back until Monday. Stay safe!

• 1 month later...

Archived