How To Use Actions?

gaillovely

Well, I got it loaded and PSE doesn't give me any error messages when it opens, but I truly don't see what it does when I try to apply it. I'm hoping to keep working with it in different modes/sizes/opacities, but for now I won't be buying any more actions until I figure this out. (It's very possible it's user error on my part, since I'm an inexperienced PSE user.)

If you get any more suggestions, please pass them along!

Did you figure this out? I have been doing some research on this topic online, & found it out. It is very cool once you can do it!!

-Jen

Guest miss bumble

I would like to purchase the Actions Photo's that Pop. Can someone please tell me if I can use this one with PSE5.

I have found the right path for loading Actions with Christines instructions above, but I read somewhere that not all Actions will work with PSE5.

I love the LO by Erica Hite that's in todays newsletter, such rich colours, its just beautiful, it uses this Action.

LOl Chris x

ACK! I missed this thread before, but I have to chime in here. The actions we have in the boutique are guaranteed to work ONLY on the software that is written in the description. As a designer, I have just written a few actions, and I have tested them in different programs. Actions can be run in PSE! But not all actions are written for PSE and if you hit one glitch in the sequence you are not going to get the intended effects.

My advice would be to PM the designer who created the action and ask if it has been tried in PSE. Or post a new message on the board asking about a specific action.

In Photoshop you can utilize special tools as well as stop and start directions that don't work in the other versions. That is why it may load fine and start working, but you may not get the messages of what to do next or settings to apply. It looks like it is starting but just blows up....

So, what you guys are saying is..... you want more actions for PSE? :):):)

I will pass that on for ya. :)

Well, I got it loaded and PSE doesn't give me any error messages when it opens, but I truly don't see what it does when I try to apply it. I'm hoping to keep working with it in different modes/sizes/opacities, but for now I won't be buying any more actions until I figure this out. (It's very possible it's user error on my part, since I'm an inexperienced PSE user.)

If you get any more suggestions, please pass them along!

Did you figure this out? I have been doing some research on this topic online, & found it out. It is very cool once you can do it!!

-Jen

I didn't figure this out, Jen. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Guest Happy99

Always learning here at Scrap Girls - great questions and fabulous answers - Thank you ladies:)

Guest miss bumble

I'm really geting exited now. But how does one PM someone, ChristineS said in an ealier post that she had written an ACTIONS ( Bows ) and tested it on PSE 4&5. I would like to try them so if anyone can help me PM Christine, I also not sure how to start a new thread, or where to put it. I would love to know which Actions in the boutique we can use in PSE.

LOL Chris x

So, I am finally going to sit down at the computer and really try to get this action to work tonight. Once I get it in the correct folder and get Elements restarted- where do I go to do the action? how will I know it is installed corrrectly? any thoughts?

Jeannie

I wanted to start this thread back up. I also bought an action (paper tears 5001) and thought I could use it with PSE4. I followed Christine's directions from the first page to install it . I was now hoping to get an answer to the above question from Bluejean81 - Now what? Will it work and how do I know? The instructions that came with it mention an actions palette - Does anyone know anything about that? Also Melissa, I think this is your action. Do you think it will work in PSE4? Thanks for any help.

Again, actions will are ONLY guaranteed to work in the software that is listed in the description! The Paper Tears action in the boutique is only for CS, CS2 and CS3. It uses tools that are not available in the other programs.

I have finished an action that works in PSE, I am testing it right now to make sure it will work in PSE 3, 4, and 5. It will include directions for installing and running the action.

When you use actions in PSE you have to access them through the effects palette. You have to create that little button icon in there to pull up the action.

My actions that work for PSE will have all of that done for you. You will just install the whole folder where it needs to be in the program.

I am sorry for the bad news! But it will be so much better to have a specific action for PSE that will work correctly every time!

:)

Archived