Question For Those Who Make Atcs

Karooch

Do you print out your digi ATCs and how do you store them?

My ATC collection is all hand crafted (as opposed to computer crafted) and i make an album for them. Iscan the backwhere all the info is and keepthat besidethe ATC.

But the ones I make myself iscan and put on my Flickr Account.I was thinking that it would probably be a good idea to print out those scanned files too.

Do you guys just keep digi versions of your digi ATCs or tdo you keep printed versions too?

digi versions here My hubbie I think is gonna murder me if I get one more pile of photos albulms or picture for any one of my walls He told me already LOL. ok maybe not murder but you get the driftlol

caren

I'll go find you a link to a thread that will explain it Linda. You should come to the ATC chat. I think the next one is on Tuesday. I'll check that out for you too. BRB

Artist Trading Cards are made in many media, not just digital. I wrote a couple of posts about them on my blog which you might find helpful.

I've been making them for a couple of months and find them a lot of fun. Because they're so much smaller than a layout I find them quicker to make and there the perspective is different as well.

Also it's fun trading pieces of your art work for other people's. I particularly like to get examples of different styles wherever possible.

Unfortunately the Scrap Girls ATC session is at a bad time for me (live in Australia) so I can't join this community.

Not true Karen ... you can still join without being in the chat. Just post your ATC in the proper gallery and e-mail it and your instructions on how you made it to Jan and she'll send you a zip file with everyone's ATC's. The instructions are in one of the links on my previous post.

I don't print the digital ATC's I make, only the ones that are traded and have to be mailed out ;-) However, the two sets I received from Jan I plan to print those and put them in my collecter's album. Well actually, one of the 5 albums I have already LOL The best part of ATC is, for me, the actual trading by mail (not email), receiving the most wonderful pieces of art in your mailbox, something different from all those bills and advertisingpapers ;-) And all those wonderful people you meet and write letters too, it is the best ! I really have to split up my free time in making traditional ATC's and digital scrapping, because I love both ;-)

Thanks for answering all the questions so well here, ladies! I was out yesterday afternoon, and then without power until the wee hours of this morning, so I didn't see this thread until now!

Hope you can join us in the swap and/or chat, Karen and Linda! The pieces of art are wonderful! We're going to be doing our second in a series of Who Are You ATCs this month. Last month, we made ATCs about where we were born....this month....stay tuned! I'll be posting that information in the next day or two, so stay tuned! :)

• 4 years later...

I realize this is an older topic, but if anyone can answer, I'll appreciate it.

If you do ATCs digitally, do you then glue them to card stock and cut them out? With scissors? (I know this is elementary...) I want to make some for family, and haven't seen detailed instructions. We used to swap postcards, hand painted in watercolor, but I've never tried doing any digitally.

Thanks,

Jean

I realize this is an older topic, but if anyone can answer, I'll appreciate it.

If you do ATCs digitally, do you then glue them to card stock and cut them out? With scissors? (I know this is elementary...) I want to make some for family, and haven't seen detailed instructions. We used to swap postcards, hand painted in watercolor, but I've never tried doing any digitally.

Thanks,

Jean

Hi Jean, when I do my digital ATCs, I just print them onto card stock then cut them with a paper trimmer. Here is a thread with some basic ATC information and here is the information about the next ATC chat which is scheduled for December 7: ATC Crop/Swap Chat

We also do hybrid ATCs which are created with digital elements, then printed and embellished with "real" items such as ribbon, lace, charms, glitter, etc. Then each participant mails her completed ATCs to a member of the Welcoming Committee who distributes them among all of the participants. Here is some current information about the hybrid chat/swap in case you are interested: Hybrid ATC Swap. The next chat is scheduled for December 13, 6 PM MT; (5 Pacific, 7 Central 8 Eastern)

Here are the galleries if you would like to see examples of ATCs we've made: ATC Class and Crop Gallery and Hybrid ATC Class and Crop Gallery

You would certainly be welcome to attend either or both of the chats - ATCs (both digital and hybrid)are really a ton of fun!

Don't hesitate to post questions if you need more information. :)

Some of us cut them out (paper cutter) and adhere to cardstock. It's a whole lot easier not to have to line the backs up on the fronts when printing, as you would if you were going to only use one layer. I picked this tip up from AnnBK - she puts the backs next to the fronts, so when printing, you fold on the join line and adhere the two halves together.

Some of us cut them out (paper cutter) and adhere to cardstock. It's a whole lot easier not to have to line the backs up on the fronts when printing, as you would if you were going to only use one layer. I picked this tip up from AnnBK - she puts the backs next to the fronts, so when printing, you fold on the join line and adhere the two halves together.

........and that is such a great tip from AnnBK!

AnnBK really has lots of good ideas - now had you asked about glue, I could have given you lots of advice - NOT! I don't know what I would have done had I not followed Lei's "glue" advice!

Archived