The Latest Thing You've Altered?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Sandiemcr

Sandiemcr
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:04 PM

What is the latest thing that you've altered? For me, it's a switch plate. I'm *almost* finished it, but I keep staying on the computer.

#2 DeeZee

DeeZee

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:17 PM

oh my goodness, I really want to see this. I can't even begin to imagine!!!! An altered switch plate??? what is this????????

#3 Sandiemcr

Sandiemcr
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:38 AM

It's the thing that covers the on/off switch in the room? I did one up for my room. Haven't got it quite done yet. I ended up spending way too much time on the boards last night, and no time scrapping. :rolleyes:

#4 DeeZee

DeeZee

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:57 AM

Be sure to post it when you're done.... I couldn't begin to figure out this one, but now that you tell me .... I have seen "stuff" in design stores to pretty these up so it does make logical sense. you could match any decor! Great idea!

#5 Wxchic

Wxchic

Fit and Fabulous!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,440 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:52 AM

Oh, yes! my daughters did one with thier babysitter! IT was cute! Can't wait to see yours!

Theresa

"Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."

#6 momentousangel

momentousangel

Hope You Have A Happy Scrappy Day!

• Members
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:21 PM

I found a Shrek printable for a switchplate and printed it on sticker paper for my sons room. I never thought about doing anything of my own on a switchplate though. I can't wait to see how it looks and to see what all you use to do this with. Please do be sure to post it so we can all see it when it's finished.

The last thing I altered was some wood out of a woodburning kit. I didn't actually burn any of it, lol, I ended up drawing roses with colored pencils on a tree piece of wood, and I used what came in thekit to make a little box to make somewhat a photo wall hanging with my childrens photos on it. I have pics somewhere on here of both the wall hanging of pics as well as the roses on the tree wood, so I am going to find those and post them here for everyone else to see. Maybe it'll be an inspiration to someone else, who knows. ;)
Posted Image

To have a friend is to have a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold and an extra pair of legs when yours are too weak to stand alone...

I have been living buried in books and writing classes... as an added note I must say that it is rather scary when you start dreaming and all you can see within your dreams is words floating everywhere!

Posted Image
Valerie Lynn Harrell is the published author of a book of poetry, titled "A Little Girl Lost... Was Found Through Her Writing"

#7 Wxchic

Wxchic

Fit and Fabulous!

• Members
  • 9,440 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:34 PM

Maybe we can do a class on altering something...Hmmmm....I'll have to ask the powers that be....

Theresa

"Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."

#8 momentousangel

momentousangel

• Members
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:46 AM

Well, I unfortunately missed all three classes, thanks to my dsl being down today. I kind of talked my DH into ordering dialup for me just so I could try to make it even, but it was already too late by the time I got it set up the right way so it wouldn't mess up my dsl modems settings. I love the idea though for sure.
Posted Image

To have a friend is to have a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold and an extra pair of legs when yours are too weak to stand alone...

I have been living buried in books and writing classes... as an added note I must say that it is rather scary when you start dreaming and all you can see within your dreams is words floating everywhere!

Posted Image
Valerie Lynn Harrell is the published author of a book of poetry, titled "A Little Girl Lost... Was Found Through Her Writing"

#9 MN_Scrapper

MN_Scrapper

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 01:03 AM

A class would be good. I have all the "stuff," but I just haven't been real successful with altering much of anything.
Patti

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

When you are through changing, you are through~Bruce Barton

#10 jamfisch

jamfisch
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:18 PM

The last thing I altered was a CD. I am really into these right now. I think altered CDs would make a great class.

What is the latest thing that you've altered?  For me, it's a switch plate.  I'm *almost* finished it, but I keep staying on the computer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#11 ScrappingForever

ScrappingForever

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:09 PM

I LOVE the idea of doing a switch plate! May have to play this weekend!
Jan

#12 momentousangel

momentousangel

• Members
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:50 PM

Now the latest thing I've altered is a cardstock photo frame for my 5 yr old. LOL It actually came out kind of cute even. lol
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Jadedolphin

Jadedolphin

• Members
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:05 AM

I've altered some puzzle pieces for a swap - 13 done - only 9 left to do!!
Breedeen

Posted Image
My Gallery
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright -
I HAVE NOT FAILED 10,000 TIMES. I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY FOUND 10,000 WAYS THAT IT WILL NOT WORK... Thomas Edison

#14 Stasiu'sMom

Stasiu'sMom

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:18 AM

Thanks for sharing the great idea. Think I'll make a rocket/outer space switchplate for my son!

#15 varanda

varanda

whatevah

• Members
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:17 PM

The last things I altered were my dogs! well, by proxy, lol!
Valerie

#16 momentousangel

momentousangel

• Members
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:43 PM

:rofl: Valerie. If only I could alter my dh some days... :rofl: If he doesn't stop calling me today I might have to alter the phone so it won't ring anymore :rofl: I mean sheeesh, he's been gone since 5 this morning, and already he's called like 10 times, seriously 10 times, lol.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Shai

Shai

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 06:57 PM

Talking about switchplates ... I saw an article (for the life of me, cannot think of the name) for creating altered books/frames. They used a switchplate as two small frames for pictures!! It was really cute!

As for me? I don't know where this idea popped out of ... been very very uncreative the past week ... I grabbed a paperbag book, masking tape, red acrylic paint and hub's black shoe polish brush. Here's a pic of the front :) "This is only the beginning ... "(Chicago)

SHai

Attached Files

Posted Image

Posted Image

ShaiShai Gone Digital

Posted Image

<embed src="http://www.cheer.com...eName=ShaiShai" width="306" height="112"name="truebombshell" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" /></embed>

#18 lesliefavela

lesliefavela

I Made it! I'm a Top-Dog Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:51 PM

Shai, any chance I can have your permission to save your thumbnail pic to my hard drive? It would make an interesting background for a scrapbook page. It sure looks cool.
Everything happens for a reason.

Leslie

#19 momentousangel

momentousangel

• Members
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:54 PM

I love that look. The bright bright red and the way you used tape all over it, that was definately something I've never seen before, sooo you are just way creative. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Shai

Shai

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:13 AM

Shai, any chance I can have your permission to save your thumbnail pic to my hard drive? It would make an interesting background for a scrapbook page.  It sure looks cool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely Leslie ... :) You can have whatever you want ...

Thanks, Valerie! It was late at night, watching football (Liverpool vs Milan) and beng able to see two episodes of Desperate Wives lol It kept me busy. It feels like faux leather LoL Now to see what I do with it ... that's my question.

Shai
Posted Image

Posted Image

ShaiShai Gone Digital

Posted Image

<embed src="http://www.cheer.com...eName=ShaiShai" width="306" height="112"name="truebombshell" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" /></embed>

#21 lesliefavela

lesliefavela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:17 AM

Thank you, Shai!!!!

Leslie

#22 ScrappingForever

ScrappingForever

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:14 PM

Shai, this looks really cool! Girl, you are coming up with some incredible things!
Jan

#23 EJay

EJay
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:47 PM

i altered my big foot power wheel to look like a clown car when i was five is that the same thing

#24 lesliefavela

lesliefavela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:59 PM

i altered my big foot power wheel to look like a clown car when i was five is that the same thing

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HaHa Anything goes here. lol I'll bet that was a sight to see.

Leslie

#25 EJay

EJay
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:10 AM

we have a pic of it with me in it and mom in it to i looked like a clown

#26 lesliefavela

lesliefavela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:14 AM

Was it for halloween?

Leslie

#27 EJay

EJay
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:19 AM

yes it was for holloween i looked funny but i was happy in my big foot cuz i did not have to walk and fall down my mom had longer hair in the pic to but then she cut it all off i hope she dont cut it any more because it was so long and pretty

#28 lesliefavela

lesliefavela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:29 AM

Funny. I have had very long hair twice in my life. The last time before I cut it some, my son measured from the crown to the bottom. He came up with 33 inches. I really miss it sometimes, but when I would put Selena in her carseat, it would always get in her face. Plus, I was pulling it up in a tail most of the time, anyway. I think I might let it go again. I just don't feel right in short hair. I bet your Mom's hair was beautiful, too. My E.J. liked my hair longer, too. :)

Leslie

#29 EJay

EJay
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:31 AM

when my mom cut hers the first time it was to the back of her knees then she cut it and every time she cut it it got shorter and shorter

#30 lesliefavela

lesliefavela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:39 AM

Oh, man, I bet she used alot of creme rinse! I'd miss that, too. It was nice visiting with you tonight. I'm going to try to work on a page for awhile, and then I really need to get to bed. Bummer! Take care! Night.

Leslie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users