Actions In Boutique

Guest Debbyo

Guest Debbyo

Hey Girlies-does anyone know if the "SS Tools-Actions Paper Tears" works in PSE 5? It says that its been tested in CS CS2 & CS3, but I'd like to try it out if anyone knows about whether it will work or not. :fruit:

This particular action was written specifically for Photoshop and it utilizes features in Photoshop that are not available in PSE. I have PSE 3 and have been unable to get it to do anything. I am working on a version specifically for PSE right now. I am basically having start over, but I do believe we can get something to work.

I know that some of the girls have said that they have made it work for PSE? But I cannot figure out how! LOL. So I wouldn't recommend it unless you have the programs that I have specified in the description. I will keep you all posted when I can get a GOOD paper tear to work in PSE! :)

This particular action was written specifically for Photoshop and it utilizes features in Photoshop that are not available in PSE. I have PSE 3 and have been unable to get it to do anything. I am working on a version specifically for PSE right now. I am basically having start over, but I do believe we can get something to work.

I know that some of the girls have said that they have made it work for PSE? But I cannot figure out how! LOL. So I wouldn't recommend it unless you have the programs that I have specified in the description. I will keep you all posted when I can get a GOOD paper tear to work in PSE! :)

Thanks Lisa I would like to see the difference in the 2 because I did get it working in PSE3 but I'm sure it's not complete. It still looks good to me, Here's a page I use it on. Does it look right?

Guest Debbyo

Jennifer I think it looks great!!! You did a fabo job of that LO!

I think with your success story giving me encouragement I'll give it a try, you know they say the Lord hates a coward!

TFS! :bighug:

While it looks like you got it to follow the line of the tear the original action adds a nice textured edge to the paper and the tear edge. It is much more detailed. This was the problem I was having getting it to work in PSE. BUT... I got it now! I just need to write up the variations for tearing an element and a photo, and I will redo the instructions.

You will not have to wait forever to get one for PSE! I promise. I will probably have it in the store by the end of next week. It will be slick as a whistle and fast! It will come with all the instructions to install them and use them.

Here is a preview of an edge I made in PSE with this NEW Action!

sample1.jpg

I will never again forget my PSE friends when I make actions! LOL. :)

If it is possible to do, you will get your own special version.

Guest Debbyo

That is sooooo coool, Melissa -you are the best! I guess now that I've bought the CS actions (during the 1000 year sale) I'll have to contact Angie to help me out and wait for the new action to come out for PSE -will you post here Melissa when its ready, I'm afraid I'll miss it in the boutique. Thank you soooooo much! :dancingelephant:

I love the look on digital layouts. Split personality, maybe... (or maybe just torn...)

thanks for the laff Jennifer made me giggle

Caren

Archived