Layout Challenge May 1-6

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Pixel Lady

Pixel Lady
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:32 AM

Sorry it's late! I had a LOT going on, kind of suddenly and I got disorganized...grrrrrr!
From here on out I will be on time...I am a couple weeks ahead in my preparation!

Here is my LO: My 3 Sweeties

Here is the color swatch:
Posted Image

Don't forget to post a link for all to see and so I can leave Scrappiness!

#2 DeeZee

DeeZee

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:23 AM

Hey Michelle, do you happen to have the numbers for the colors?

#3 Pixel Lady

Pixel Lady
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:26 AM

Sorry, thanks for pointing it out. I guess its easier than downloading the image huh!? LOL

Here ya go:
The first color is AE3034
The second color is D3B6B8
The third color is E7BC6D

HTH,

Michelle

#4 lesliefavela

lesliefavela

I Made it! I'm a Top-Dog Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:54 AM

Sorry, thanks for pointing it out.  I guess its easier than downloading the image huh!? LOL

Here ya go:
The first color is AE3034
The second color is D3B6B8
The third color is E7BC6D

HTH,

Michelle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another question for someone who's new at this. Can you explain about the color numbers? Where do we look for these? Thanks.
Everything happens for a reason.

Leslie

#5 DeeZee

DeeZee

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:57 AM

Leslie, remind me again what program you're using?

You should have some type of color picker where there's a box to type in the numbers. You can choose a color from a pallette or use the numbers to choose an exact color.

#6 lesliefavela

lesliefavela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 10:01 AM

Leslie, remind me again what program you're using?

You should have some type of color picker where there's a box to type in the numbers.  You can choose a color from a pallette or use the numbers to choose an exact color.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Microsoft Picture It. Don't drive yourself nuts. I'll check it out, though. Supposed to be paying bills now. See what this website is doing to me? :wobbly-eyes: haha

Leslie

#7 jaxscraps

jaxscraps

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:17 AM

:conversation:
Question from a newbie to the digi world.... What is the challenge? Any rules to follow? Just the color scheme? This is will be my first page, I thought a challenge might inspire me to jump in feet first, so to speak. Have been checking out the sites and downloading, did a few crop n learn's, but have yet to fully finish a project. Hard to get away from the old paper ways, but want to try something new! :sinking:
TIA
Jax

#8 lesliefavela

lesliefavela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:51 PM

Hey, Jax. Maybe you'd enjoy mixing the two elements. Sometimes I really like a background, but not always all of the other items in a set. It would definately be a one of a kind!! Don't forget to show us what you come up with.

Leslie

#9 Pixel Lady

Pixel Lady
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:45 PM

:conversation:
Question from a newbie to the digi world....  What is the challenge? Any rules to follow? Just the color scheme?  This is will be my first page, I thought a challenge might inspire me to jump in feet first, so to speak.  Have been checking out the sites and downloading, did a few crop n learn's, but have yet to fully finish a project.  Hard to get away from the old paper ways, but want to try something new!  :sinking:
TIA
Jax

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Jax!

The good news is there aren't too many rules! For this challenge anything you come up with, using the color scheme posted, will meet the challenge. Go ahead give it a try! Let us know by posting a link here! Also, feel free to ask questions...we'll be happy to help :breakdance:

Glad your'e gonna join us!

Michelle

#10 Wxchic

Wxchic

Fit and Fabulous!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,440 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:53 PM

Here is mine!

http://scrapgirls.co...cmd=si&img=1751

Theresa

"Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."

#11 DeeZee

DeeZee

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:30 AM

Got mine done ... thanks for the challenge!

http://scrapgirls.co...cmd=si&img=1755

#12 lesliefavela

lesliefavela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:35 AM

I tried this challenge. Not sure how well I like it, though. I've posted it in my albums. The layout is my 5 year old's version of our self portraits from a few days ago. Silly boy. I guess I should tell him he might get a picture of boogers doing that! :rofl: I know, shame on me!

Leslie

#13 Pixel Lady

Pixel Lady
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:00 AM

Ladies,

Everybody did a great job!! I left everyone scrapiness! Thanks for playing and sharing!

Michelle

#14 Vania16

Vania16
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2005 - 09:15 AM

Hope I'm not too late! This was a lot of fun to do - it took me a little to get everything recolored, but I love the color combo! I also forgot to post a link here last night - guess that's what happens when you finish at 2 am LOL!

http://scrapgirls.co...cmd=si&img=1758

#15 Pixel Lady

Pixel Lady
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:06 AM

Nope you're not to late!

I left you scrappiness! Thanks for playing!

#16 DeeZee

DeeZee

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:08 AM

Hey, is there a technique for recoloring exactly to a specific color or did you eyeball the color changes? I've tried so many ways and haven't mastered this particular technique yet .. it's still so trial and error for me! I'd love hints!!!

#17 lesliefavela

lesliefavela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:31 AM

Hey, is there a technique for recoloring exactly to a specific color or did you eyeball the color changes?  I've tried so many ways and haven't mastered this particular technique yet .. it's still so trial and error for me!  I'd love hints!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, DeeZee. The way I got the exact colors was to save the color swatch provided to my pc, then pulled it into my Picure It program as a picture. Then, 1 by 1, I "cropped" each color out. Then I was able to use them as a background picture, etc... I don't think I could have matched these colors very well from my freebies. My pc is in my bedroom, and after DH comes to bed, I have to work by computer light. How silly, huh? But, hey, a scrapgirls gotta do, what a scrapgirls gotta do. :breakdance: lol

Leslie

#18 Pixel Lady

Pixel Lady
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:41 AM

DeeZee...did the color numbers not work for you??

You can save the image to your pc >open in program> use the eyedropper to choose the color>then go back to what you were working on KWIM??

#19 DeeZee

DeeZee

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:47 AM

Hmmm, not sure I do know, maybe I'm making life hard for myself. I can use the colors to create my own stuff, but to recolor already existing elements, I'm a bit stymied. What I'm trying to figure out is how Vania was able to match her papers to the colors specified, keeping all the details of the original kit.

I use PSP, and if I have an already-made paper or element open, I use the "Hue and Saturation" option to recolor. I can't just use a fill on the elements that already exist, but I dont' have an option on PSP to plug in a color number or use the eyedropper tool.

Is there another way to recolor these elements?

#20 Pixel Lady

Pixel Lady
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:18 PM

Okay, I see now! I don't use PSP so I don't know exactly, sorry!
Do you have Color Balance or Selective Color options?

#21 nelly

nelly

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:08 PM

heres my layout...simple

took a photo i hadn't thought to ever scrap...just some from last year, sitting in my computer!

windsor
"Women are like tea bags; put them in hot water and they get stronger." Eleanor Roosevelt

my LOs

my blog

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 DeeZee

DeeZee

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:02 PM

Oh, I might just have found it.. not sure though! Under my color balance, there was an option I hadn't tried yet called Manul Color Correction. Under that I can actually use numbers .... so I'm going to play and see if this is what I want....

Shucks, no, it was only hue and saturation, not color. I'll figure it out though .. if there's a will there's a way LOL!

#23 Pixel Lady

Pixel Lady
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:59 PM

I left you scrappiness! Thanks for playing!

#24 Juliet_A

Juliet_A

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:03 PM

http://scrapgirls.co...cmd=si&img=1810

I cheated. I found that I had an Easy page from Shabby Princess that already had two of the three colors in it. I just used the third color for the text, and I was done.

It's good to have that event finished, I've put off doing it for a while.

#25 Pixel Lady

Pixel Lady
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:19 PM

I left you scrappiness! Thanks for playing Juliet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users