Edge & Layer Effects

I love the look of layers of papers with some just peeking out, but I don't really care for the crumpled or kind of messy tight curled look. I guess I must be compulsively tidy about such things. I'd love the look of long slightly rolled edges, or kind of like the lifted edges photos along whole layout edges, maybe even three layers at a time. I wonder how ruffled or rippled edges might work? Maybe there are already products I could do this with and just haven't seen or tried it out?

I think this sounds like a wonderfu idea. I too love a bit subtler look, and even though I like what others have done with the super grungy stuff, usually my scap stuff is just a little bit more on the clean side. :) (I just wish my house was!) LOL.

Have you tried Theresa's original corner folds? I love that look, because it is pretty subtle. It adds dimension without making it messy.

wm_TKA_SSEmb_CornerFolds-OffCenter_600.jpg

I might have to try a cleaner edge with a layered effect. I can see how I would love something like that.

(BTW if you like the lifted photos, I just came out with a weathered variety pack of lifted photos.... they might be a little too beat up for you, but there is kind of a range of styles in there. :) )

wm_MRE_LiftedPhotos_Weathered_MKTG_600.jpg

I really like them too Lissa!! you wonderful designers really need to stop !!!

just playing I do like them thou & they will be part of my next shopping spree LOL

Caren

I think this sounds like a wonderfu idea. I too love a bit subtler look, and even though I like what others have done with the super grungy stuff, usually my scap stuff is just a little bit more on the clean side. :) (I just wish my house was!) LOL.

Have you tried Theresa's original corner folds? I love that look, because it is pretty subtle. It adds dimension without making it messy.

wm_TKA_SSEmb_CornerFolds-OffCenter_600.jpg

I might have to try a cleaner edge with a layered effect. I can see how I would love something like that.

Melissa, I love all your lifted photos and the new ones look perfect for heritage photos! I also love the beads. My Evernote list is getting so long. Thank you for considering the long rolled or rippled edges for paper too.

Now the Weathered and Worn Embellishment Biggie is the same thing as the SS Embellishment Templates: Weathered. The name was just getting too long! LOL. So just like other products we have the Embellishment ones are finished with the brown colored antique finish, and the ScrapSimple ones are grayscale where you would add your own coloring. So even though they have a slightly different name they are mostly the same thing, just depends on how much you want to customize them. :)

Archived