Monday Challenge 7-23-07

DDecker

July 23rd

1827 the first typewriter was pattented-use a Traditional Typewriter font in your layout

1903 Ford Motors sold the first Model A car-scrap your First or Favorite car

1925 NY Yankee Lou Gehrig hit his first Grand Slam, he was later diagnosed with ALS which is now called Lou Gehrig's disease-scrap your Baseball photos

I could not decide which to choose so I decided to let you do it! I would probably choose the First car challenge as dd picked up a nail in her tire on the way to work today and I have been running around getting her four new ones and picking her up at work. we drove it home and changed all for by ourselves in the driveway! Whoo hoo! girl power!

Put your layouts in this gallery.

Don't forget to post a link in this thread so we can make sure to comment on it!

You're a week early! My nephew is coming over with a friend from CA to go to Diamondbacks Baseball Training Camp next week! So I'll do this challenge but it'll be late.

Maybe I can scan in a picture of my first car. Hmmm ... I'll have to see if I can find one first. LOL!

I have 1 favorite car & I guess even thou I have scrapped it a million times over I will scrap this beast 1 more time!! way cool challenge Dee!!

Caren

The Brooks Institute student who adopted our family while he was at school took some amazing photos of the Jeep I took my driver's license test with and drove during High School. I'm sure they are probably in one of those 9 book boxes with photos and heirlooms that I just brought home from my Dad's. Guess I could start unpacking. :)

Guest my2suns

What a fun challenge Dee! My son is in coach pitch right now, so I'm going to pick that one to do :0)

Renee'

I think there are a couple of really good pics of my first car, but I'd have to dig to find them. They are in the box of my parent's photos. I might take time to do that because I REALLY loved that car.

My dh has always been a car nut so we have TONS of pictures of the cars we have owned since we've been married. I may have to go with my back up on this and that would be my last car. I know where those pics are.

Guest gloomy_liv

hmmm...well, I don't drive or have ever driven, so I don't have photos of a first or favourite car of mine... and I'm in Australia - and baseball's not a big sport out here, so I haven't got any baseball photos. I guess I'll be doing the typewriter font!! :) now i'll have to figure out what photo/s to use in my LO..

interesting challenge, Dee :)

Well.....I dug through a box of old photo albums and didn't find a picture of my first car but I really wanted to "scrap" it so I found a picture of one online and used that. I hope that's not too much cheating! I hope the elements I chose captured the feeling of the car I had. I just purchase Durin Eberhart's Bohemian Elegance kit and really wanted to use it with her Beach House kit - they're both great and work really well together!

My First Car

I have 1 favorite car & I guess even thou I have scrapped it a million times over I will scrap this beast 1 more time!! way cool challenge Dee!!

Ok i did a completely differnt fun engine instead & Thanks for the challenge!!

Caren

here is mine:

On the 8th day

• 4 weeks later...

Archived