Using Iremember

ssaarela

I'm brand new to the digi world of scrapbooking and can't figure out how to use one of Scrap girls embellishments. I bought the Fresh package and would like to use a stamp on my LO, but want the background of my paper to be seen and not this brown square the stamp is on. Does that make sense? I'm using IRemember and am new to the program, so I don't even know if this is possible. I'm also considering buying PSE 4 for Mac, anyone have any comments of the program or know where I can download a trial version? Thanks!

I have both programs.

I only used iRemember for a few weeks before I bought PSE. I suppose I could have played around with it more, but I couldn't figure out how to use brushes or change the color of pictures and elements very easily.

I also have the fresh biggie and you need to use the individual or digi (.png) files for the stamp you want. They are on the brown background on the .jpg files so you can see that the stamp is white.

I hope this helps! The Mac users on here are awesome! Everyone is really quick to answer questions and if you do decide to go with PSE, almost all of the keyboard commands are the same with PC and Mac- so it's really easy to figure out.

~Kel

Hi Kelly, thanks for the welcome!

I figured out that I needed to use the individuals, but when I drag it into my LO, I get a brown square background with it. The stamp itself is the brown sugar one, but I don't want the background or the square around it.

Do you know if there is a place to download a trial version of PSE4?

It does seem like the Mac users are great on here! One of the reasons I joined Scrapgirls....because of the large Mac user group!

Thanks, Sarah

Yeah, I tried that, but there's only a trial version for Windows, not for Mac users. I thought I had seen on one of the other message boards that someone had downloaded a trial version, but I can't remember if that was for Mac or Windows. Thanks anyway, Sarah

Yeah, I tried that, but there's only a trial version for Windows, not for Mac users. I thought I had seen on one of the other message boards that someone had downloaded a trial version, but I can't remember if that was for Mac or Windows. Thanks anyway, Sarah

I searched for the trial for Mac but couldn't find it either, sorry. I'll try some more and let you know if I find it. Anyone else know where you can download the trial for Mac?

I have PSE4 and iRemember. I must say PSE4 is much more powerful. iRemember is great if you have to do something quickly though. Another great thing about PSE4 is that there are tons of resources to help you learn how to use it. I had PSE all the way back to PSE2 and never even understood all of the cool stuff I could do with it. Hope you can find a trial version of it but even if you have to buy it I bet you will be pleased!

• 4 weeks later...
I'm brand new to the digi world of scrapbooking and can't figure out how to use one of Scrap girls embellishments. I bought the Fresh package and would like to use a stamp on my LO, but want the background of my paper to be seen and not this brown square the stamp is on. Does that make sense? I'm using IRemember and am new to the program, so I don't even know if this is possible. I'm also considering buying PSE 4 for Mac, anyone have any comments of the program or know where I can download a trial version? Thanks!

hi guys! I am a new subscriber from Manila. I am new, as in have not even started with digiscrapping but would love to. Wanted to ask which software applications are easier to use as a beginner. Is it the iRemember, iScrapbook or the bundled CS2 with my new macbook? I am also a switcher - from PC to macbook just a few months ago.

Hope you guys can assist me? :winking_baby:

Hi Sarie-

I am a Macbook person too. I have both iRemember and PSE4. PSE4 is definitely my favorite. If you already have CS2 on your machine though I would learn that. That is even more versatile than PSE. The main reason I went with PSE was the price. I love all the stuff you can do with it though. Let us know if you have any questions while you learn. We will be glad to help!

Archived