Weekly Challenge May 8-14, 2005

Guest Pixel Lady

Guest DeeZee
Juliet, I"m new at this ... so bear with me. Where can you enter the numbers in the Colorize feature? Am I just making this hard on myself? (off to look at the menus again and mumble about hidden features LOL!)

Guest Vania16
DeeZee - I generally select with the magic wand, pick up the color I want with the dropper and then use the bucket to fill the area I selected. I do the same for each color area. Time consuming, but I've tried Edit -- Fill, and you're right it destroys any detail.

I have used colorize too, but I didn't realize you could use numbers with it - I tend to just get the color I want as foreground and click colorize. But, if it's something that isn't monochromatic it doesn't come out right.

Ah, the joy of learning :)

Guest katiec
NOPE, I have no photo of myself since I am the only one in the family taking the photos all the times! No one would take my photo...

Guest Vania16
Okay, this is a little off task here, but I was so excited about this I thought I'd share in response to Katiec's comment above . . .

I found the best way to take your own picture in Creative Keepsake's Everyday Memories book - take it in the bathroom mirror, holding the camera around your waist and with no flash. You have to look at the camera in the mirror if you want a shot looking straight on. My little avatar picture was taken that way (along with the photo in Hippy Me in my gallery) I love how the pictures turned out - you just crop out the bottom part so you can't see the camera.

OK! DONE!!

Here is mine...
[url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=si&img=1958"]http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...cmd=si&img=1958[/url]

Guest gauchogirl
I like the teal one better and I hate teal, LOL. It seems to suit your mother better (or at least her pic and what I learned of her from your post). I don't think any colors are "off-limits". I LOVE pink but really only did this challenge because it really WAS a challenge. It would never occur to me to use only ONE color (plus B & W) so it was difficult for me too. My best tip for using colors you hate: B&W pics look great against almost any solid color, so desaturate and then use them...more dramatic usually and no having to fuss with color casts and clashing :)
Great job Juliet et all!
tonya

Guest lesliefavela
I've finished mine. Couldn't finish putting link her last night, because the server went down. You'll find my layout in my gallery or in the challenge posting area with the others. ;)

Guest lesliefavela
Oh, and I need help with a question. Is there a trick to posting in the gallery and in my gallery all at once, instead of it being downloaded twice in a row on the most recent list?

Guest Pixel Lady
LOL...you guys have been busy!!

Well, Juliet, first of all I don't have a problem with your post...at all! I think it was very respectful, honest and well written. Everyone...and I MEAN EVERYONE, is entitled to their opinion.

As already stated B/W works with pretty much everything! BTW I don't care for pink either!! However this is not really about what I care for, it is about the challenge.

Now with that said, please realize there will be challenges that SOMEONE does not like for one reason or another...including myself! I am trying to create challenges that will be...well...a challenge! LOL I thank you, and everybody else, for taking it on and I respect your opinoins and feelings :)

I will say re pink two weeks in a row, it really wasn't intentional. When I chose last week, I wasn't thinking about this week and Mother's day and so on. Now, there maybe times when things/colors end up twice in a row (maybe more, but I will try really hard not to).

Leslie, I don't know of any other way. Doesn't mean there isnt...I just don't know of it.

Thank you to all you lovely ladies for playing and helping out:bighug: !! Guess what?? No pink next week...LOL.

Here is another hint for next weeks challenge...Ephemera. I've already given one hint, now this is the second and final hint! So gather up the goodies and lets all have fun!!!

BTW Everyone is doing a fantastic job!! :breakdance: I have not forgot to give scrappiness...I will get to your LO's today. Thanks for your patience!!

Michelle

Guest lesliefavela
Okay, Michelle. I want to know what does the word Ephemera mean? I know I've seen it before, but wasn't able to figure it out by the context. :huh:

Guest Pixel Lady
Basically ephemera is something that has value for a short time. In the usually accepted sense it normally refers to paper items e.g. an airline ticket is valuable until you use it...then it becomes ephemera. A stock certificate only becomes ephemera when you cash it in, whether it's 50 years old or was purchased last week. Yesterday's newspaper becomes ephemera today, so it doesn't have to be vintage at all. Vintage ephemera is considered more 'valuable' because it is items that one would normally throw away rather than keep for 50 years.

Guest nelly
leslie, i thought if you just post your layout in the main galleries, it shows up in your gallery too....as i haven't posted anything in my own gallery, yet they are all there!

:banghead: photoshops just closed down on me for the second time today...and before i had pressed the save button :banghead: :mad-at-computer: so i think that means that i should just go downstairs and do the dinner dishes!!! ahhhh, such is life!!

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
[quote name='lesliefavela' date='May 11 2005, 10:11 AM']Oh, and I need help with a question. Is there a trick to posting in the gallery and in my gallery all at once, instead of it being downloaded twice in a row on the most recent list?
[right][post="13013"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Leslie,

Pictures are either in your personal albums or in a category in the gallery but not both. If you want it in both, you'll have to upload it twice. Pictures uploaded to a personal album can not be moved to a category in the gallery and vice versa. (If you want to move, you have to re-upload to the new area and remove from the old, usually losing all comments posted.) However, what you upload to your personal album can be viewed by all in the "Members Gallery - (Viewing only gallery)" section of the gallery.

HTH!

Guest JennyP
Ok...this is my first try at a challenge...loved it!

[url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=si&img=1979"]My post[/url]?

Guest ljritchie
[quote name='Laura_A' date='May 9 2005, 07:55 PM']Great colors Michelle!  I love your LO and your mom looks amazing... lucky you.
[right][post="12608"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hey Laura: You had one of my "Dream" Blinkies--Starbuck's so, is it ok that I copied it? I won't use it until you say it is cool. Fraps are the best!!! Thanks.

Guest nelly
heres my updated LO...found some ribbons finally!!

[url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=si&img=1966"]fairies[/url]

jenny...loved your layout!! very nice and simple! the photo is fantastic too!

Okay, I got to this one too, lol. I loved the colors, as they reminded me of some photos I had taken of my DD after we totaled up the money she helped to raise for Breast Cancer. So here it is. [url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=si&img=2066"]Raised Money For Breast Cancer[/url]

Ok I know the challenge was a week ago, but since this is my first layout, it took a little longer for me! So I hope you don't mind a late addition.

[url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=si&img=2232"]http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...cmd=si&img=2232[/url]

:waving-hi:

Archived