Hey, Lookie Here!

Zaz

I just discovered the new Mac subforum. It IS new, isn't it? I don't remember seeing it here before. I'm assuming this would be the place to ask all those specific Mac questions.

Just for fun, let's see who uses a Mac. Just reply to this message. You can even just say "me, too" if you're shy. :)

Here's hoping this will become a great resource on SG!

~Zaz, professed Mac addict

me 2!

Been using a mac for a very looooong time. When I started, the software was on a single sided floppy and hard drives were not an option. You had to eject the software floppy and insert a blank floppy (400K) to save your work on.

They sure have come a long way since then!

Did Theresa call us "weenies"? I think she did. Must be a bit jealous or something. ;)

Dinny, I started off with an Apple II+ while in high school (or was it jr. high?). My brother talked my parents into buying two of them (he's that good) because he could get them at a really good price and he was about to go off to college. I still have that and my original macintosh in the garage somewhere. Anyone starting a museum?

Okay, who else is lurking out there?

~Zaz

Zaz,

my first one was a Classic, w/ a 9" monochrome monitor. It had Times and Helvetica, woo hoo!

Hubby was at the thrift store and saw one of $7. It's in his office. Wonder if they'll be worth something someday.

I think she DID call us weenies!

My brother has a friend who made a fishbowl out of his macintosh. I might have to look into that.

Times and Helvetica - two of my least favorite fonts. Perhaps that's because I saw a LOT of them when I was younger (I spent time in a newspaper office).

So what do you think Theresa meant by "weenies"? Should we exact revenge? If I could just drive a few hours south, I could slap her with a fish, but I think she likes them (I wouldn't want to waste a good walleye). Perhaps there will be a Whack-A-T event soon? Hmmm....could be fun. ;)

Where, oh where are the rest of the mac people? I can't believe Scrap Bunny hasn't been here yet!

~Zaz, who seems to be determined to cause trouble

Me, too! Love my Mac. I'm not as old seasoned as you gals, but I did use a Mac when I was in 8th grade (you have to realize, that was only about 5 years ago, LOL! Just kiddin, it was about 12 years ago). It had some program called KidPix on it, and my friend and I would play on it forever! Loved it. :)

Now I'm very satisfied with my iMac. Wouldn't trade it for that ugly black PC my DH has. He only thinks it's better because he has no right side of his brain. :D

Oh, Zaz, I don't think Theresa would take a fish slap very lightly. She might sic her dogs on you, and I've seen pictures, they look like they could take care of themselves! Heehee. :D

Hmmm... weenies huh? I thought that was a secret code word for Mac users! I'm not a Mac user, but just wanted to stop by and say "Hi" :cowwave: I'm glad you have your own Subforum - after all, Mac users have a culture all their own!

I think a "Mac" girl blinkie is in order - what do you think? :winking_baby:

Our own blinkie? OOoooo, I can only dream of such wonders! Thanks for stopping by Stacey!

I've never been called a weenie before so I just don't know how to react.

Laurel, dogs love me. I carry bacon at all times. I will be fine. ;)

~Zaz

Dinny, my first mac was a classic as well. I did switch to pcs for a few years but now macs rule our household. I have two macs, the kids have one mac but my dh has two pcs. I will never go back to pc...oh, wait, I have to use a pc for work - bummer!! Just kidding, they are not too bad just second to macs. lol.

:dancingelephant:Mac Girl Scrap Girl Blinkies!!!! :cheeringdog: Yes Please!!!!!!!!!! :going-crazy: I'm excited!!!!!!!!!! :dancing_penguin: Great idea for a mac forum. :thankyou::banana:

I grew up with macs - well we started with a vic20 and then a commodore 64 then went to the mac - tiny little box thing like this one! Although the pictured one is newer than the one we had. In high school we used the apple IIe. The first computer my hubby and I bought was a mac with a stylewriter 2, but had to go to a PC due to work and school. But we came back to the imac this year. Soon we'll be looking at a laptop for me - mac of course!!

:breakdance:

Can't wait for the blinkie!!!!!!!!!! :dancingchicken:

:having-a-party:

Sorry, I got a bit excited - I really like the blinkie idea and couldn't type fast enough and now will go back and see what others have written.

LOL I couldn't post this first time b/c I have too many emoticons....

:clapping_kitty:

Oh!! I am here! I have been at the beach for a week but I am back now. I am a huge Mac fan! Started on one when I was in middle school I think. I had a IIe and IIc . In college I got an LCIII- thought I had hit the big time then! Now I have two iMacs- one of those first colorful ones and one that looks like a little dome thing. I have been eyeing a new iMac but want to wait until the new OS comes out in October.

I do most of my scrapping on my MacBook. Love that thing!

Glad to see that we have a new forum. Aren't we special?

Woohoo! I didn't notice the new forum either.

I used PC's up until I went to school for graphic design. I started using a Mac there and I could never ever go back to a PC anymore.

I think we had Macs when I was in elementary school too. I forgot about that! :D

A blinkie for the Mac weenies sounds wonderful!! (she did say weenies, didn't she?!)

OH, and I AM jealous. Have been wanting a Mac for years! Dh is sooooo against it. Like I may turn into some kind of artistic geek (which I thought I already was...) but (((((sigh)))))) he got me a windows laptop in advance, I think because he dreaded the fact I might just go buy one myself! It is a nice laptop though, so I won't complain. I'll just wait a few more years, when this one becomes extinct yet again and try one more time!

You all have fun with your forum!

Oh, I'm so glad I read this before getting into my car with my fresh eelpout (I'm betting Theresa knows what that is). I'll put him back in the lake now.

T, there will come a day when we will sneak you into the land of "Fresh Fruit". And you are an artistic geek. The best kind. Thanks for the explanation. ;)

~Zaz, who aspires to one day be an artistic geek

I just saw this thread, better late than never though! I have a mac and I love love LOVE it!! Its my first and I've had it for 2 years (its a laptop). But now that I'm discovering this digital scrapping, I REALLY want to get an iMac (desktop) to take the load off of my laptop. It can handle it, but I work all day on my laptop & wacom tablet, so I would love to get away from one (use it just for work) and have fun on the other!

I am also a Mac user. We have 3 Macs and 1 PC at home, I have a whole lab of Macs that I maintain at the college, and my work laptop is a Mac. I only keep the PC for AutoCad and some of the cute greeting cards programs! Also PhotoMontage is a PC software.

I have found the Macs to be very durable. Last Christmas for my husband I updated a 6-yr-old Mac with additional memory, OS Tiger, and Adobe Creative Suite CS2. The computer runs beautifully. This is after 6 years of heavy use already!

I work 50 - 60 hours a week with the college, but I will come by on this forum as often a possible!

....Dont be surprised if us Computer users sneak in from time to time.....

Okay Im off to wonderland i mean sleep land!!!

Waaaaaiiiiiiitttttt a minute! If PC users are "Computer users..." What does that make us? Other than weenies, of course.

Or is the implication that a Mac isn't a "Computer?" Hmmm. Where did you put that fish, Zaz?

Susan, who has a Computer AND a Mac sitting side by side and uses them both.

Mac user here also - iMac G5 desktop and a MacBook. I used a pc until 2 years ago and now I would never go back to pc. I just love it. I have converted most of my family now too (daugher, brother-in-law, nephew.....)

Thanks for the Mac spot!

....Dont be surprised if us Computer users sneak in from time to time.....

Okay Im off to wonderland i mean sleep land!!!

Waaaaaiiiiiiitttttt a minute! If PC users are "Computer users..." What does that make us? Other than weenies, of course.

Or is the implication that a Mac isn't a "Computer?" Hmmm. Where did you put that fish, Zaz?

Susan, who has a Computer AND a Mac sitting side by side and uses them both.

I see you've met Mary, Susan. ;) And though it would be fun to slap her with a fish, she's one of my best and goofy Scrap Girl friends and I know she didn't mean anything by the comment. I might just point this post out to her, though, so she can hem and haw a bit. :D Perhaps she thinks that a Mac TRANSCENDS it's computerness (I love to make up words).

Btw, my DH has been drooling over the new iMac (like we need another one). Luckily, there is no cash available at this time. I'm holding out for a lighter weight MacBook. My iBook is heavy (DH had to get the largest screen available at the time - aarrgh).

Hi all you Mac people! *waves to the crowd* Nice to see you all!

~Zaz

Oh, you DID go green! Very cool. Though I still like the purple...

And I think you are absolutely right. Mac is in a class of it's own. Pity the poor darlings who are still using just computers :-)

susan

• 2 weeks later...
I just discovered the new Mac subforum. It IS new, isn't it? I don't remember seeing it here before. I'm assuming this would be the place to ask all those specific Mac questions.

Just for fun, let's see who uses a Mac. Just reply to this message. You can even just say "me, too" if you're shy. :)

Hi. I use a Mac too. Switched from a PC about 6 months ago. Will never go back. It's the best computer I've ever had or used!! The only thing that is disappointing is a lot of software out there is only formatted for PCs. Also I've been waiting for Adobe to release PSE 5 for Mac, it seems like forever, and now am considering just getting PS CS3 (which is a huge chunk of change). Love the Mac anyway.

Pam :disappearing-smilie:

Can you girls come over to my house and talk to DH and ask him if he could get me a mac? About 3 - 4 months ago I bought a ehd and a dvd burner for my pc (i know bad word) and now i have been looking at the macs. i went to the apple store just to see what the big woo haa was about macs and fell in love with it and especially the big screens they have and how clear they are. I have used laptops for some time now to save space on my desk since the pc monitors used to be this HUGE monstrocity, but now they have the flat screen, but now with the macs you can get the screen with the computer built inside of it. Wow! Incredible.

"Calling all Mac users, there will be a Scrapgirls mac gathering at my house to team up on the dh. We need to convince him that mac is the way to go! Who's in? One for all, all for one!"

I do!

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my first ever mac: a macbook pro. We love it so much that we just purchased the 24 inch imac.....soooo awesome! My question is I've downloaded all my Scrap Girls stuff on my pc; do all Scrap Girls items work in mac?

Thanks in Advance,

Mia :newbie:

Archived