Hey, Lookie Here!

Zaz

• 3 weeks later...

I just discovered the new Mac subforum. It IS new, isn't it? I don't remember seeing it here before. I'm assuming this would be the place to ask all those specific Mac questions.

Just for fun, let's see who uses a Mac. Just reply to this message. You can even just say "me, too" if you're shy. :)

Here's hoping this will become a great resource on SG!

~Zaz, professed Mac addict

Hi I use an imac which i'm just getting to LOVE. Glad theres a forum here I can go straight to instead of trawling through others to find mac stuff. I bought pse4 but i'm beginning to regret it now, I've worked with layers for years! on a table with glue! and it was a doddle compared to getting the hang of this. Maybe i'm too old and impatient. I have most of my life behind me so I dont want to spend much of the rest of it back at 'school'

I almost bought several books untill I checked out reviews and discovered they were mainly for pc users. All I need is simple 'open this, click on that' stuff, I know once I get the basics i'll be fine, any ideas?

Tessie

• 4 weeks later...

Wow - there seem to be a LOT of us Mac "weenies" out there - hot dog! And I am not only seasoned, but old! When I started teaching, not only did I have no computer, but calculators were not available yet - grades were calculated by pencil. Our first computer was a little Sinclair my DH built - about 10x4 inches, and nothing that truly resembled a keyboard. But I did learn to write equally little programs for it.

When desk top computers became available, we got Apples, because that's what the schools were using. I did newsletters and school posters on Print Shop. I repeatedly upgraded, and now have a G4, with two external hard drives, a scanner, and a DVD burner (have a question about that, but I'll start another thread). DH switched to a PC laptop years ago, and now bugs me to get a "real" computer any time I ask for help, because I can use the Mac, but can't fix it. But he needs me to figure out PSE for his bird pictures. My only complaint has been that Adobe did not include the Organizer with the Mac version of PSE. I AM getting more memory for Christmas!

• 2 months later...

Add my name to the Mac-afficianado list. Now for a question: does anyone know when Adobe is going to release the next version of PSE for Mac? I heard that it was going to hit the shelves in November, but that's come and gone. I haven't really learned all there is to know about version 4, but if the PC crowd is getting something new, we Maccers should, too!

• 3 weeks later...

Add my name to the list of Mac addicts. They're all I've ever had since the 70's although I have to use a PC at work (I teach high school). Although biased, I think PS CS2 for the Mac is a fantastic way to do my digital scrapping. With SG products, of course--I think I visit this website at least 5 times a day!

• 3 months later...

I finally just bit the bullet and made the credit card company happy. Both my pc and laptop were quickly dying, so I went to the Apple store and brought home a MacBook Pro and iMac, along with the Time Capsule. I've now got everything working. Getting all the wireless gaming systems was the hardest, but all is now good.

I just need to search for a copy of Windows, which I'm sure I have from all the past PC purchases, so I can install it as there is no Mac compatible embroidery digitizing software available.

I made sure to sign my husband and I up for the free class "Getting to know your Mac" at the Apple store tomorrow.

But I'm sure I'll still have lots of questions.

• 3 weeks later...

:dancingchicken2: Yea! I have a MacPro now! and Just got Photoshop CS3.

I am doing the happy dance to finally get this equipment.

Can't wait to have it mastered. Trying to figure out how I want to organize and file.

-- Donlyn

I've had my iMac for about 2 months and love it.

The only problem I've had was trying to put Quicken on it.

Bought the program but it won't down;

load from my bank right - called Intuit - they'll try and help me

for a $24.95 charge. Staples is going to let me return the program

and I'll keep it on my PC. Everything else transferred and works great.

I will have to bring my PC laptop to the convention because I purchased the desktop not laptop.

Adobe switched out my CS3 program to the Apple operating system at no charge!

Archived