The Font Thing

I have read a few messages about THE FONT THING. So, I installed it. But I'm still unclear as to how I get the fonts from my

"font thing" program into and use in my Editor.

Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time

You have to have the fonts installed on your system. If you are seeing them in the Font Thing, they are on your system. The Font Thing just allows you to view what you already have (and some other features.) If they are on your system, PSE 4 will have them. Does this make sense?

Thanks for the quick reply Pat.

I wasn't sure....I opened my Editor and a Word document. It looked to me that some fonts were missing from the Editor.

There were fonts in Word that weren't in the Editor (some Adobe Caslon something or other) so I thought maybe I had

to load them into my Editor.

So... Do I just load the fonts thru Control Panel then if I don't want them to bog down my system just use the uninstall

option in The Font Thing?

Thanks,

I think that should do the trick Eden. I believe with Font Thing, you can organize your fonts in groups and then you can install and uninstall those groups or you can do them individually.

I have read a few messages about THE FONT THING. So, I installed it. But I'm still unclear as to how I get the fonts from my

"font thing" program into and use in my Editor.

Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time

All installed fonts are in your Windows Font folder

All fonts load from windows fonts into Word,PSE,PS ,PSP

and other programs.

Fonts not in Windows Fonts are uninstalled ones.

To View installed fonts and uninstalled ones you use

Something like the AMP Font Viewer program

instead.

Archived