Clipping Mask?

Tina06

Hey I am new to card making and I am working through the Scrapsimple card templates "training". I use Photoshop Elements 3. I've gotten to the part wher she says to place your bg paper on top of the base and to create a clipping mask by hitting ctl+g. But when I do that nothing happens. If I'm understanding it correctly that move is supposed to make your bg paper take the shape of the base. Then you make the paper stick to that shape by merging the layers. I've tried PSE help feature but there is no mention of a clipping mask.

So any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Tina

http://www.scrapgirls.com/tutorial_creatin...op_elements.htm

Tina,

That is because PSE doesn't technically have a "clipping mask" -- but -- there is a "workaround."

See the tut above in the "SG UNIVERSITY." It is a clipping mask, but you will have to do a few more steps to get to it! (In PS, it's just one click!)

There is a lot of info. in the University. If you get stuck, just give a holler!

francine

Thank you!

I did have the paper temp selected but I did notice that only one temp was in the layers bin at a time. Do they both need to be in the bin at the same time? I found that if I stopped using the card templates and just treated it like a scrap page it was alot easier. I guess I just have to learn how to use those templates :unsure:

Thanks again for all your suggestions and I will check out the University page.

Tina

Archived