It's Here...it's Here!

Wxchic

Guest craftymom
ok, I got the email. I downloaded and I have the little heart in the bottom corner. I click on it and it pulls up a little file folder thingie that says welcome but that's it. What am I doing wrong? or is that it?

patience, grasshopper! what a techno marvel this is---Ro, you are such a GEEK! and i mean that in the nicest way!

read the FAQ that came with the announcement email, you'll learn more about how this works, it's just below the download link.

Guest DeeZee
I was so hoping this was what this was... one of my homeschooling sites that provides radio programs (old time historical ones) did this and it is SO cool! Can't wait to get it installed (have to wait til later cuz we're doing other projects now)

Guest craftymom
well, I read the FAQs and i still don't get it. I didn't get the welcome message either that was suppose to pop up. Oh well.

Guest Vania16
This sounds so cool - can't wait to get home and download - figure I shouldn't put it on the work computer - LOL - distracted enough as is :)

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
Double click the welcome message. It should pop up a message. Do what the message tells you to receive the beautiful embellished tag that Cheryl designed for the SGSS.

Still having problems? Check out the [url="http://scrapgirls.com/A_ScrappinessSocietyFAQ.htm"]FAQs[/url].

Guest craftymom
[quote name='jlf_loves_mjf' date='May 13 2005, 04:27 PM']Double click the welcome message.  It should pop up a message.  Do what the message tells you to receive the beautiful embellished tag that Cheryl designed for the SGSS.

Still having problems?  Check out the [url="http://scrapgirls.com/A_ScrappinessSocietyFAQ.htm"]FAQs[/url].
[right][post="13410"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I didn't get that little pop up message.

[quote name='craftymom' date='May 13 2005, 01:49 PM']well, I read the FAQs and i still don't get it. I didn't get the welcome message either that was suppose to pop up.  Oh well.
[right][post="13380"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Craftymom...
do you have a little heart at the bottom of your screen? if so, click on that. If your window isn't opening then you might have the same problem as Katie. Are you running IE6? Do you have Service Pack 2?

Craftymom,

If you click on the message and nothing happens, you most likely need to make IE your default browser. Info on this is in the FAQ.

If you don't see any messages, go to you Options menu and choose to download your new messages.

If you don't see the little heart at all, maybe it didn't install?

Another place to look for it is in your Start>Programs menu. Perhaps it just isn't active yet.

Guest nightwolf
hope someone can help me.

I've got it installed, the heart is in the task bar, i can right click on it & get the message browser, ie is my default browser, i tell it to check for new msgs but notheing :-s & i haven't got the welcome msg. Do i need to restart after I install?
Running XP Pro with SP2 & scrapgirls.com is allowed with all popup blockers

Guest DeeZee
OK, so I'm watching this little red heart ready for it to announce the next thing :-))) When oh when will it pop up with something new LOL!

This is great Ro, thanks so much!!!

[quote name='nightwolf' date='May 13 2005, 11:18 PM']hope someone can help me.

I've got it installed, the heart is in the task bar, i can right click on it & get the message browser, ie is my default browser, i tell it to check for new msgs but notheing :-s & i haven't got the welcome msg. Do i need to restart after I install?
[right][post="13490"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Did you try just doing a left click on it?

Guest nightwolf
yup still nothing. Signed up for the mac users newsletter so i don't miss anything. Haven't got a welcome msg there yet either.

[quote name='nightwolf' date='May 14 2005, 07:40 AM']yup still nothing. Signed up for the mac users newsletter so i don't miss anything. Haven't got a welcome msg there yet either.
[right][post="13509"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Ro is working on that...Hang in there!

Guest esmom98
[quote name='nightwolf' date='May 13 2005, 10:18 PM']hope someone can help me.

[right][post="13490"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I had to go to internet options (under tools), then programs, then reset the defaults (except I unchecked the box for my homepage).

Not sure if this helps you, but now, I can read the messages.

Juliana

Just found this on the support page of the software company of this great little tool we are using:

-Micrsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
(Yellow security warnings popup but message is viewable)
-Norton Anti-Virus Popup Blocker
-Any 3rd Party popup blocking software that doesn't run inside Internet Explorer.
We are Immune from any popup blocker software existing within the web browser such as Google Adbar, Alexia Toolbar, and Yahoo Toolbars.
This issue however should be fixed very soon. Version 2.0 will be going into beta release sometime next month and has a new feature where each message is no longer created in Internet Explorer but instead created inside the readers program. This way the messages cannot be blocked by any program at all. This is only one of a huge host of features being added to version 2.0.
Later on after the beta release, version 1.0 will be given the same exact message engine as version 2.0. This will be as soon as we can possibly deliver it as we do understand the current limitations with some popup blockers can be frustrating. For now, popup blockers that do exist outside of the web browser almost always have features that allow you to allow and block certain websites. You may be able to give your customers your web address and the reader's program name (EG: myreader.exe) so that they may add you to their trusted popups list until the fix is available.
I hope this may be of help to some,
Daniel J Deyette

----
So if you have something like this – a 3rd party popup blocking software, try adding [url="http://www.scrapgirls.com"]http://www.scrapgirls.com[/url] and Scrap Girls Scrapiness Society News Ticker.exe to your trusted popups list.

-------

Oh and guess what else I found? They already have some training things up for version 2.0 so I have hit them up about how I get the upgrade. Cool! I'll keep you updated!

Guest lesliefavela
So much fun! This place must have been very busy earlier today. When I tried to download the freebie for the Scrapiness Society, it told me it would take 49 minutes to download. hahaha Got it later, though. Much quicker then. Thanks for more goodies, Scrapgirls! :)

Guest kristaky
OK I got the little heart and there are 3 messages - but I click on them and nothing happens - am I doing something wrong? :huh:

[quote name='kristaky' date='May 14 2005, 07:51 PM']OK I got the little heart and there are 3 messages - but I click on them and nothing happens - am I doing something wrong? :huh:
[right][post="13643"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

It sounds like your pop-ups are being blocked. If you are using IE, then go to TOOLS/POP-UP BLOCKER and POP-UP BLOCKER SETTINGS, and make sure that scrapgirls is listed as an allowed site...

Hate to break it to you, Betsy. But Safari is a nighmare browser. No way, jose!

We've even had customers that couldn't put through orders because they were using Safari. As soon as they changed, their problems ended.

Oh - by the way - you know your problem with the admin??? Switch browsers. It wil probably magically disappear.

Don't want to offend you Safari lovers... but if you just KNEW even part of what I've seen lately...!

Archived