Betsy

First Word

On 1/1/2018 at 0:09 PM, MariJ said:

Fun

Happy New Year!  So funny, we really don’t have those crackers, but once my cousin’s husband brought them to our Christmas as an English tradition his family always did.   And, funny, I’d think of them as poppers when I said “crackers” I thought of them as the ones you eat with cheese. :D

yes we call the biscuit 'crackers' you eat with cheese as well :) but these as you know have paper hats in them so we all look daft sitting eating Christmas dinner in them.  

Laugh

12 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

yes we call the biscuit 'crackers' you eat with cheese as well :) but these as you know have paper hats in them so we all look daft sitting eating Christmas dinner in them.  

Laugh

Yes, it was funny the few years someone brought them to our Christmas but everyone was good sports and wore their crowns or hats.

Outloud

On 01/01/2018 at 6:34 AM, Jane in N.Z said:

Happy New Year to you all. :new_year:

Christmas
(we always have crackers to pull at the Christmas dinner table. Not sure if you have the same tradition)

I grew up calling them " Bon Bons".  We had them this year at my daughters - she made hers and then on Christmas day at my sister's she had bought ones. 

back to the game.....

soft 

Paddington :)   I remember making a Paddington Bear when I was 20 and just loved it :) its long gone now though :( 

Awwww.. I always thought Paddington Bear was so cute, I first came across him when I visited England in College!

Station

Because Paddington made me think of Paddington Station in London.  Where he was found, right?

7 hours ago, MariJ said:

Awwww.. I always thought Paddington Bear was so cute, I first came across him when I visited England in College!

Station

Because Paddington made me think of Paddington Station in London.  Where he was found, right?

Yes Paddington Station always reminded me of the bear :) 

Trains

Fun    

My Mom and I once took the train to my sister’s - a 13 hour drive took 30 hours!   It was really not fun, but maybe because we did it together that was the first word that came to mind.

46 minutes ago, MariJ said:

I’m awake now!

sweet

I'm awake as well Marilyn........got bitten by very hungry mozzies, don't they know I was asleep!!!

sugar

1 hour ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I'm awake as well Marilyn........got bitten by very hungry mozzies, don't they know I was asleep!!!

sugar

Oh, no how rude of them!  And, “mozzies” always makes me giggle and think of Jody and Australia.  I’d never heard that term until SG friends used it!

cookies

On 1/24/2018 at 2:36 AM, MariJ said:

Dinner

(I was thinking of dinner biscuits! :) )

I was thinking why would you have biscuits with dinner so I Googled it and its like our bread rolls, a savory. our biscuits are sweet (cookies) and we certainly don't have them at dinner ( I hope thats right anyway)

hungry.

2 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I was thinking why would you have biscuits with dinner so I Googled it and its like our bread rolls, a savory. our biscuits are sweet (cookies) and we certainly don't have them at dinner ( I hope thats right anyway)

hungry.

Yup!  You got that exactly right - biscuits are like rolls for us, cookies are sweet!

food

Pizza is my all-time favorite foot along with ice cream.  Have had pizza for dinner the past few nights, should I make it 3 in a row? :D

favorite

getaway..........

........could do with going somewhere cooler as so hot here. Its unbearable at night as so humid as well and nobody is sleeping well so thats why I'm here early this am.

escape