First Word

Betsy

Fun

Happy New Year!  So funny, we really don’t have those crackers, but once my cousin’s husband brought them to our Christmas as an English tradition his family always did.   And, funny, I’d think of them as poppers when I said “crackers” I thought of them as the ones you eat with cheese. :D

On 1/1/2018 at 0:09 PM, MariJ said:

Fun

Happy New Year!  So funny, we really don’t have those crackers, but once my cousin’s husband brought them to our Christmas as an English tradition his family always did.   And, funny, I’d think of them as poppers when I said “crackers” I thought of them as the ones you eat with cheese. :D

yes we call the biscuit 'crackers' you eat with cheese as well :) but these as you know have paper hats in them so we all look daft sitting eating Christmas dinner in them.  

Laugh

12 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

yes we call the biscuit 'crackers' you eat with cheese as well :) but these as you know have paper hats in them so we all look daft sitting eating Christmas dinner in them.  

Laugh

Yes, it was funny the few years someone brought them to our Christmas but everyone was good sports and wore their crowns or hats.

Outloud

On 01/01/2018 at 6:34 AM, Jane in N.Z said:

Happy New Year to you all. :new_year:

Christmas
(we always have crackers to pull at the Christmas dinner table. Not sure if you have the same tradition)

I grew up calling them " Bon Bons".  We had them this year at my daughters - she made hers and then on Christmas day at my sister's she had bought ones. 

7 hours ago, MariJ said:

Awwww.. I always thought Paddington Bear was so cute, I first came across him when I visited England in College!

Station

Because Paddington made me think of Paddington Station in London.  Where he was found, right?

Yes Paddington Station always reminded me of the bear :) 

Trains