Changing Resolution When Scanning?

Mindy

OK, I'm feeling very blonde now (yes, I really am blonde!), but how do I change the resolution (or even find out what it's set at) on my scanner? I have a fairly new (within past year) Canon Pixma MP 600 printer/scanner. I'm sure it's obvious, because it's pretty user friendly, but I sure can't seem to find where to change the resolution. My dh stashed the instruction manual somewhere & he can't remember where!!! TIA!

:blondmoment:

Know what i would do? I would go to the companys site, look in their support department for the documentation. Most often they have a digital version of the manual. OR even... use ask.com and say ... oh i just found it.. so here you go...

http://alpha03.c-wss.com/inc/ApplServlet?R...MA&TRF=MAIN

Use that link and you can download the manual :)

hope that helps

angela

OK, I'm feeling very blonde now (yes, I really am blonde!), but how do I change the resolution (or even find out what it's set at) on my scanner? I have a fairly new (within past year) Canon Pixma MP 600 printer/scanner. I'm sure it's obvious, because it's pretty user friendly, but I sure can't seem to find where to change the resolution. My dh stashed the instruction manual somewhere & he can't remember where!!! TIA!

:blondmoment:

You need to open your cannon scanner software and view all menus.

The resolution may be on menu that is hidden.

If you scanner program has a help menu look thier.

Many programs put the program help right on your computer

with the actual program.

Angela - what did you search for to get that link? It wouldn't work for me - said I needed to try another region? Strange, huh?

I'll go look for a hidden menu. I tried all of the obvious ones, but it's gotta be there somewhere!

okay...

www.usa.canon.com

select support, consumer

then in 1 - multifunction

2 - inkjet

3- pixma mx600

it will open up a page that looks like a store, but if you scroll down, it should be on a support tab. Next to that tab you will see Drivers and Downloads click on it

you should now see a link for product manuals click on it... a window will pop up (make sure your program doesnt block it) then follow the directions for downloading it.

let me know if it helped you!!

angela

LOL.. just saw this..

n-screen Manual for Windows [ HTML Help ]

This is the same electronic manual in the CD enclosed with the printer.

It explains how to operate the printer software in detail.

do you have your cd?

angela

Found the manual - thanks!

However, after reading the manual, it doesn't have anything about how to change the resolution (just basically says put the pics on the scanner & press OK!). I knew that much! Determined to figure this out, I started playing & woo hoo, I figured it out!!!

:dancingelephant::dancingelephant::dancingelephant::dancingelephant::dancingelephant:

I discovered that you don't set anything on the scanner itself - have to do it on the computer. Guess I assumed that you changed the settings right on the scanner itself somehow.

Here's how it works for me (in case anyone is in the same bind!):

-make sure printer/scanner is on and set to "scan"

-bring up "My Pictures" on your pc and click "Get pictures from printer or scanner"

-click on "Custom Settings" - that brings up a menu that I can change Brightness, Contrast, Picture Type (color picture, greyscale, etc.) and

ta da......RESOLUTION!

-click on "Next" and then choose all of the normal stuff (name of file, where you want to save it)

Worked dandy! Now I can cross that off of my long list - figure out how to scan and save paper prints to use for digi scrapping! THANKS!!!

:penguins:

Archived