4 replies to this topic

#1 Mindy

Mindy

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:00 AM

If I scan a couple of 4x6 pictures at the same time, I end up with a file with a white background and the pictures on there. What's the easiest way to get the pictures separated and into their proper files? Open them in PSE and crop each picture out & drag into a new file? Use rectangular marquee tool & drag into new file? Scan each picture separately?
How do you deal with your scanned photos? Just want to make sure that I do this right the first time so I don't have to go back and redo them! :whew:

#2 kerryveale

kerryveale

Hi, I'm Kerry & I love Scrap Girls!

• Design Team
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:49 AM

Mindy, I'm by no means an expert, but when I do get the scanned photo in its own document, I make a text layer and just write whatever was on the back of the photo, the names, and the approx. dates if I can remember them. Just quick & dirty, and then I have the information for the future. Then I save it in layers (not as a jpg).

I'm looking at three big boxes of photos that need sorting and scanning...oh my! I guess if I did a little every day, I'd at least be making progress!

~ Kerry ~
Designs~ Gallery
Button_Designer.png

The Adagio digital scrapbooking kit will spark your creativity in creating layouts for travel, performances, music, romance,

special occasions like dances, and heritage layouts. (Images are clickable)
KVE_Adagio_MKTG_150.jpg KVE_Adagio_LO1_150.jpg KVE_Adagio_LO2_150.jpg KVE_Adagio_PaperSamples_MKTG_150.jpg

#3 Bluejean81

Bluejean81

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:45 PM

PSE5 has an option for "dividing" a scan of multiple pictures down into separate files. I can't remember where it is, but maybe if you post on the PSE forum, someone with PSE specific instructions can hlep you. I have used it before and it worked, but I am at work and PSE5 is on my PC at home.

good luck,
bluejean81
Jeannie (aka bluejean81 in ohio)
Playing with PSE7

*Recycle Yourself, Become an Organ Donor*

#4 PBarnes

PBarnes

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 22,301 posts
  • Personal Statement:Digitally Addicted!

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:54 PM

The Divide Scanned Photos is under Images in the menu bar at the top of the workspace. I think 4 had it too but I'm not sure.

I usually use the marquee tool and copy and paste into a new document. If you make your selection, do Copy and then go to File>New>Blank File, the program will make a new file the size of what you copied to the clipboard. Kind of a nice short cut.

#5 Laurie in PA

Laurie in PA

Photo by Sunnie 2004

• Members
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:11 PM

My scanner lets me prescan as many photos as the scanner will hold and then just
scan one section at a time. It really makes it faster. I have an HP 1310 all in one
and it's a lot faster than my old scanner.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users