Thursday August 23rd Challenge

angelaNussbaum

Today i want to challenge you to ScrapLift an Layout from the Scrap Girls Gallery. Scraplifting can be a huge source of inspiration to you and your layouts, and its alot of fun for the person who inspired you.

What is Scraplifting? Scraplifting is when you use a specific layout to inspire you. You can follow the entire layout (like my example) or you can take one thing (like the text, or positioning of flowers) and lift that.

Is scraplifting bad? No! BUT you must remember to give the other layout or designer credit. The best way to do that here at Scrap Girls is to add a link to their layout in the area where you list your products used, and to say who they are.

Are you still confused?

Here is the layout i scraplifted. Its by Amanda Soc, Fly me to the Moon.

Here is the layout i did, You make life grand. Notice how similar my layout is to hers? Also notice the comment section?

Dont forget, post your layouts here.

I cant wait to see what each of you come up with, and to see who here at Scrap Girls will inspire you!!

Angela

Oh, I love scraplift challenges! The trouble is picking just one layout to scraplift!

This is what i did... i placed a few in my favorites. Then went to My controls, my favorites... then closed my eyes and pointed to one. Thats the one i did!! lol

angela

Guest K Scrappy

Oh I just love to scraplift. I find that I learn so much by trying to recreate a layout that really catches my eye. It just so happens that I did a scraplifted layout last night, so I'll post that one. I'm so happy with it and had fun trying to mimick the master Shalae. I love all of her layouts because they are so "outside the box" for me. The funniest thing is that when I saw this layout in the newsletter I knew I wanted to scraplift and I noticed that I had everything I needed already and didn't even have to shop! Does that mean I have too many Scrapgirls supplies? :)

I scraplifted Shalae's Mirian

Here's my version: Budding Artist

Great challenge! I love all of the layouts that have been posted so far- the originals and the scraplifted! Is it terrible that I want to scraplift some of the scraplifted LO's?! LOL :dancing_penguin:

Now to pick...

A scraplift challenge is just what I need! Thanks so much - perfect timing. When I saw this one I knew I would want to scraplift it -- it's Susan Neff's Free Spirit.

Here's my version of Free Spirit

I've loved everyone's LO's so far - just haven't had time to leave many comments in the gallery lately.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Guest K Scrappy
I already posted these in the regular gallery, so I won't post them again!

I fell in love with Mirian LO immediately!

Here is my 2 page scraplift - You color my World!!! I had the most fun with the journaling on this LO!!

Left

right

You have great taste in scraplifting. :) I did the same one. I just LOVE it! Your journaling is so great! Good job! Especially since you made it a two pager!

Archived