I Had Tears Rolling Down My Cheeks

Zaz

On one of the message boards I frequent, one of the moms posted an eBay listing that she thought we might enjoy (in reference to the "Are they yours?" comments - my DS is adopted so we hear that a lot). Since the listing has ended, I've attached a PDF of it (READ IT BEFORE THE BLOG). It takes a while to read the listing, but it's worth it. Check out what the winning bid was, too.

Then, AFTER you're done reading the eBay listing, go to http://www.mom2my6pack.blogspot.com/ . It's her blog. The part I laughed so hard at was the photos and her captions. One of them was especially funny after a discussion of the 80s and Aquanet the other night in chat.

Hopefully, I won't be the only one who thinks this is funny. :D

~Zaz

Carol Ann,

You are not the only one. A friend of mine sent me the link to that auction just a few days ago. The bidding was only up to $3.40 then! OMG, I was laughing so hard that I had tears rolling down my cheeks, too! I checked out her blog, and that was even better.

Anyone of you who has children has to take the time to read that auction and visit her blog. Just the photos she has posted are hilarious.

Zaz,

That has to be the funniest thing I have ever read! I literally did have tears running down my face!! The scary thing is I toally identify with her! And I only have 4 kids! Although sometimes I think 3 year old twins should count for like 6 or something!! Thanks for the laugh!!

God bless this woman who would be so daring as to take 6 kids to the store with her at 1 time I definetly dont have that kind of patience!! funny funny story.

Caren

Hilarious! She reminds me of a new-generation Phyllis Diller! Oh gosh, none of you probably remember PD! I haven't been on eBay is so long I didn't even know they had comments! I'm too afraid of it too, Angela. I did follow a link to there the other day and they were selling digital scrapbooking supplies! You all probably knew that already. I was astonished. What are they? Used?

Thanks for the laugh!

This just made my day. I came from a family of 5 and I remember the stares and questions. As I read and laughed hysterically out loud, my 3 year old kept asking, "what....what's so funny?" I knew I could never explain so I just kept reading and ignoring her persistent questioning.

I am going to share this with my mom and a few friends I have who could really relate!

Thanks, Zaz!

Zaz, this is great! I have five myself and have had grocery trips similar to this one--I never had the nerve to get smart with people when they ask "Are they all yours?" Or when explaining why I'm buying 13 gallons of milk for the third time this week (ok, maybe that is a little exagerated--but I have a 16 yo DS who lives on the stuff!)

My DH is a big ebay guy and he always says the write-up makes or breaks a sale. I'm saving this one (I found it right on ebay) to show him. He'll enjoy it too, even though it may be enlightening to him to know what actually goes on at the grocery! My 5 are all older now (19,16,13,11,& 8) so my trips with all are more pleasant. They are all in such a hurry to get out of there they'll take part of the list to speed things up. Sometimes I have to remind the youngest two DD's not to TOUCH each other.

So hang in there all you mom's of young ones. It gets easier (until they start to drive!!!!)

I have two friends with 10 kids each so I was picturing them when I read this. Only one of them has email so I'll have to print this out for the other.

I'm glad you gals have all enjoyed this. If she would hurry up and write the book, she would have a lot of sales immediately. :D

~Zaz, who knows who Phyllis Diller is

That was so great, I needed a great laugh. Thanks for sharing and God bless this woman. I hate to admit, Ive asked that stupid question "are they all yours?"... I so will never say that again!

Great insight....Changed my attitude this afternoon completely!

Guest sfcgijill

And people always ask why I never had kids of my own (just stepkids! both teens- and only one stays with us)- the answer is simple- I AM A CHICKENBUTT! She is way too hilarious- and an effective form of birth control in her own right. Even if it doesn't work on her.

To those of you who have even one kid- ya'll have my utmost respect. I know there are days when you feel just as overwhelmed as she does- and we can't all have her sense of humor.

Archived