Saturday Color Challenge - Sept 1

Becca

One of my favorite colors is PURPLE, and we just don't see enough layouts with that majestic color in the gallery. So here's your Color Challenge for this week - create a layout using ANY shade or hue of purple! Bonus bragging rights for you, if you use the Scrap Girls logo shade of purple (#934494)!

Share your layouts in this gallery ---> Saturday Color Challenges

And don't forget to post a link to your layout in this thread, so we can all share some love!

I'll post a layout a little later. My scrapping "mojo" (to use Carla's word) has left me temporarily, and I'm struggling to come up with any layout right now.

that's a cool challenge what's (#934494) in photo shop? or how do you get this color?

caren

(#934494) is the hex code... dont know what you need for photoshop.. but here are the other codes for tha tcolor

RGB values: r 147, G 68, b 148 (red green blue)

HSV values: H 212 s 138 v 148 (hue saturation (dont know what v is)

out of those three you should get it

angela

Hello,

So did I miss the color challenge? I've been up since 5am West coast time to catch this class. Anybody?

There is not class or chat with this one. Its just a challenge and you make your layout and post it in the gallery Becca indicated in the first post. Much as I'd love to chat with you and get to know you, this one doesn't get its own chat. I think once a month it does. Last week we had one so maybe Elizabeth (MovieStar) will do that again near the end of September for the color challenge. Anyhow, welcome to SG and let us know if we can help you in any way.

So I've noticed that I've been scrapping an awful lot of blue lately. Could it be that blue is my favorite color? Or could it be that I've recently given birth to a boy and scrapping his pages mean blue boy pages? Or is it just my "go to" color? Maybe all of the above? I'm going to try this challenge (right after I finish the LO I'm currently working on. Can you guess what my main color is??) if only for the reason that it just might get me out of my blue rut! Can't wait!

Good color Becca. Sometimes our mojo leaves so we can get other things done. I get strokes of genius while cleaning the tub or vacuuming a bedroom. Mindless work allows my mind to wander off to creative things. Go vacuum something. LOL

Linda,

Oh believe me, I've tried that tactic all week. I've cleaned, I've scrubbed, I've done some re-organizing. I bought a bunch at the sale. Took the girls out for a photo shoot the one day. Nothing's helped to get me going on a new layout. It'll come back...I have faith in myself. I should be receiving my first printed scrapbook from Shutterfly in the next few days, and I'm sure once I see my pages in print, all that mojo will come back in a flash!

PS. Sorry, Caren, for not being more specific in my color description! Thank you to everyone who helped her out with the RGB numbers. :)

Here is the link to the left-hand side of the two pages about my husband's family (the continuing saga)....

I am hoping for some CC as it is STILL not quite right on the balance between the two pages. I am struggling a bit to get the information, pictures and design together.

TFL

http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...i&img=30464

Gail

There are some seriously gorgeous LO's for this challenge! I am always so impressed with the talent our SGs have! I left everyone some love and eventually I will get to making a LO of my own ... although I doubt it will be as good as you girls have done!

Archived