Weekly Challenges And Calendar 2006

Guest Pixel Lady

Guest Pixel Lady
Hi ladies,

First, I must say thank you to all who have been participating!! EVERYONE has been doing a FANTASTIC job :dancingcow: :dancingcow:

I've been having major ISP issues the past couple of weeks. We decided to change providers...this should all be cleared up this weekend.

So we will be back on track really soon!!

Don't forget next week will be the Ephemera challenge...it must be about you, it does not have to be vintage! Any color scheme!! Mine is about grocery shopping...it can be really simple or really elaborate!

Also, we should be working on Central America, for the Feb 2006 Calander!

Hmmmmm....I feel a digi freebie coming on....

Michelle

Guest MN_Scrapper
I am sorry about your ISP problems, but I am glad you are back with us. Having a wee bit of difficulty thinking about the central America theme, but getting there.

Guest lesliefavela
Thanks, Michelle. Was beginning to wonder where you went. Have been giving thought to your ephemera definition you gave me. Could get interesting! Have a good one! Glad your back up and running. :dancingstickman:

Guest DeeZee
Glad you're with us! Been wondering whether we should be working on the calendar ;-) Sure glad you didn't post it earlier ... I know I shouldn't be, but with the week I've had, I would have gotten stressed LOL! (I'm silly, I know! )

Guest Pixel Lady
[quote name='lesliefavela' date='May 20 2005, 10:51 AM']Thanks, Michelle. Was beginning to wonder where you went. Have been giving thought to your ephemera definition you gave me. Could get interesting!  Have a good one! Glad your back up and running.  :dancingstickman:
[right][post="14475"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Good question, no the Ephemera does not have to have a picture of you...in fact it doesn't have to have a picture! Now how's that for a challenge!!??

Re Central America, if your having a time figuring out something, try using the colors from one of the flags!

Thanks ladies!!! :)

Guest lesliefavela
Basically ephemera is something that has value for a short time. In the usually accepted sense it normally refers to paper items e.g. an airline ticket is valuable until you use it...then it becomes ephemera. A stock certificate only becomes ephemera when you cash it in, whether it's 50 years old or was purchased last week. Yesterday's newspaper becomes ephemera today, so it doesn't have to be vintage at all. Vintage ephemera is considered more 'valuable' because it is items that one would normally throw away rather than keep for 50 years.

Juliet, this is the definition Michelle gave me. :)

Archived