Loading Actions And Styles In Pse5

MaryJo

HI everyone, I was loading custom shapes into PSE5 last night and I saw a page in Valeries book entitled "How to use SS tools: Custom shapes and patterns. I believe it said to load word art as well as Embellishments, etc.

Does it work more efficiently if I load all those into my PSE5 program? I hope i am making myself clear. I know I have to do it for my brushes and tears and paper templates. I didn't realize it was meant for word art and certin alpha sheets. thanks, MaryJo

MaryJo, my understanding of those is that those are brushes that are Word Art or Alpha brushes. Like Jan's card sayings that you can get as a brush set. I load those as Word Art Brushes. They come as an ABR (Brush you have to load) and as a PNG file, that you can use just as a regular embellishment.

Does that make sense?

the ABR files (literally A BRush file) are sold as brush sets in several styles, like grunge, flowers, and quotes. In Shalae's book, she suggests separating the styles in different categories so you can find them easily and so they won't tax your program. Yes, you will load the ABR files onto your computer to use them in your program.

There are instructions included with any brush purchase to explain the correct way to load them onto your computer.

Word Art is a separate category of embellishment that uses stylized words in titles and quotes, and sometimes in combination with images. You use these files by File> Open or Ctrl+O, then click and drag them onto your layout.

HTH!

Okay, that sounds fine with me. I have loaded all my brushes already, so I'm okay there. I'm kind of glad I don't have to load the word art as I have quite of few of those. Thanks for the clarification. Its greatly appreciated... MaryJo

Archived