Thursday Challenge, 9/13

scrappylibrarian

Here in Missouri we are getting our first taste of Autumn. When the temps finally begin to fall out of the 90 -100 range, our first instinct is to head to Eckerts and pick apples! What does a family of three do with two dozen apples? Lots of baking. So today let's share our favorite Fall recipes - apple based or otherwise! You can show off your layout in our General Challenges gallery.

If you are interested in exchanging recipes, you can send a high resolution copy of your layout to demarskda@yahoo.com. I will collect the recipes and email them out to this group. In order to get the recipes you must share a recipe! ^_^ Please try to have your recipe to me by Friday, Sept 21 so I can get them sent out.

While on the topic, I would also love to turn this into a monthly chat and challenge! So, who's up for a monthly recipe swap? Each month would have a theme and we could collect some wonderful ideas to shake things up in our kitchen. More details to come!

Here is mine: Sauteed Apple Wedges

I'm in! For the monthly chat/challenge that is. I have a good one for this challenge as well. Does it matter that I haven't tried the recipe yet and have no idea what it tastes like? lol

I love collecting recipes. But I'm a horrible cook! Someone posted the hashbrown/egg slow cooker recipe yesterday and that's sitting in my crock pot, cooking away (I hope!) right now. Can't wait to see what it's like this evening.

Will try to get a LO done tonight maybe for a new recipe I have for chicken soup.

Thanks for the challenge!

This must have been a long, hot summer! I've had conversations with 2 friends in the last couple of days about fall and winter cooking....stews, chilis, gumbos, etc. I'm certainly in for this challenge and would love to do it monthly, or more!

This is just in time for Rosh Hashanah!! The Jewish new year! It is traditional to eat apples and honey or apple desserts to represent having a sweet new year!! I'll be making Jewish Apple Cake tomorrow for a little party we are having so I will have to take some pictures! My LO will be a little late, but I will get it in!! YUMMY!!

Hey Tonya, I posted the slow cooker recipe, pls let me know how you like it?

And I'm in on the recipe swap. Love to cook. Had my son create a spread sheet in Xcel this summer to put my recipe ingredients into, then when I want to shop, I click on the recipes I want to make, it runs a macro, and a shopping list is created.

Sue

A question, though........can I download YOUR recipe layout to print? If so, how is it done? Thanks for this techie info.

Hi Annie! If you submit your layout for the exchange (email a high resolution copy to demarskda@yahoo.com) then you will get printable quality copies of everyone else who sends them in. Does that make sense? I will email them out to you so be sure to give me your address when you send it.

And I'm in on the recipe swap. Love to cook. Had my son create a spread sheet in Xcel this summer to put my recipe ingredients into, then when I want to shop, I click on the recipes I want to make, it runs a macro, and a shopping list is created.

Sue

Oh my goodness! Now THAT is something you should share!

Sue

Wow! That's way cool! I'd love to get my hands on that macro as well!

I'm so IN on the monthly recipe crop. Fave foods was the topic of the ATC swap, pretty soon we're all talking about swapping recipes! I think this is a GREAT idea!

Afterthought quesdtion: Should these layouts be a special size? Like index card or something?

I like the thought of doing some sort of index card size for the recipe swapping portion, then we'd all have these mini works of art for our recipe file. It would be the beginning of our own Scrap Girls Recipe book!

I use a software called Living Cookbook that does what partidogs is talking about. It is also great for scaling recipes when you want to cook in bulk, you can put your meals on a calendar, print shopping list based on the calendar, etc.

I love it!

Afterthought quesdtion: Should these layouts be a special size? Like index card or something?

Ann, if you are planning to participate in the exchange I would recommend a 4x6 layout. This maintains some consistency for those that wish to put them in a recipe book or something. If you are not exchanging then you do what ever your little heart desires :-)

Ann, if you are planning to participate in the exchange I would recommend a 4x6 layout. This maintains some consistency for those that wish to put them in a recipe book or something. If you are not exchanging then you do what ever your little heart desires :-)

Common sense (yes, I do have some on occasion!) told me to go with the 4 x 6 format. :disappearing-smilie:

Archived