Too Cute!

Brenda Peters

Ok... I just have to share this. I about died laughing when my sister told this to me!

My sister has been running her own day care for about 18 years now. Every once and a while my sister will tell me some of the cute things that she hears the children in her day care talk about. In this instance, it was lunch time and as usual there is allot of talking going on at the table. Normally busy, caring and tending to children, she heard a conversation going on between her grandson Conner and one of the other boys in the day care who's name is Brandon. Try to imagine if you can, what the conversation between two 9 year old boys would be like. Sometimes children can be cruel to one another and this was apparently evident when she heard Conner say to Brandon, "Well that was dumb! Maybe I should call you Bran-dumb!" Normally her first reaction is always to stop those kinds of conversations in it's track as she never tolerates any kind of name calling in the day care. But this time she hesitated for a brief moment. Her first thought was how smart her grandson was to think up something like that. But instantly, coming to her sense's, she realized she needed to speak up and reprimand Conner for his bad behavior but before she could say anything Brandon quickly replied, "Oh yah? Well maybe I should call you Con-dumb!" Trying to hold back the laughter, she quickly jumped into the conversation and brought it too a screeching halt. Needless to say, at the end of the day when she told Brandon's mother about their little mishap, they shared a good laugh!

Archived