Need Tips On Turning A 8x8 Into 8x10

A-dab-adu

I did a really nice LO of my Dear Grandmother that I had printed up at sbtoshare (promo offer) in an 8x8.

But I have 2 days to get this framed and I can't find those frames anywhere in my area. So, I'll have to

scratch that plan. No time to order online either.

Then I thought I'd just redo the 8X8 to a 8x10, then the framing won't be an issue.

Please post suggestions/ tips so that I know what I'm doing. I thought since I saved it in .psd (I use PSE4) that I'd just open up the file and make a new layer of 8x10 and drag the 8x8 onto it. Possibly put some funtitle or border on either end. Do you think this will work?

Thanks again :)

I think what you have come up with is a fine idea. You could even start with a complimentary background paper and place your 8x8 either in the center so you have the same border top and bottom or to the top or bottom so the space is all at one end. You might want to add a ziz-zag stitching line where the two join. You might even be able to just enlarge your original background to fill the space. I guess I would just suggest you play with it a bit and see what you come up with.

I like those suggestions that Pat gave. Do you still have your layers in your file? You could always just get the paper that you used in the original one, resize it to 10x10, and then move over to the new 8x10 document. Then you could just move your layers around and try to space them so that it looks like it was meant to be an 8x10.

HTH! :)

Archived